Medical Terminology and triage at the front desk - Alice Springs
NT PHN Premises, Boardroom, NT PHN Street, Alice Springs NT
Northern Territory PHN Practice Support team are pleased to invite you to attend the Medical Terminology and Triage for Practice staff.
This seminar aims to increase the confidence of General Practice administration staff to use appropriate medical terminology as directed in oral and written communication with patients, fellow workers and health professionals.
This workshop will also provide a focus on triage at the front desk.
Learning outcomes include:
- Gain an understanding of abbreviations for specialised medical terminology and associated processes
- Use medical terminology correctly in the completion of routine tasks
- Use appropriate medical terminology as directed, in oral and written communication
- Spell and pronounce medical terminology correctly
- Recognise the emergency category levels
- Identify when to direct a patient to an emergency department and when to call an ambulance
- Discussing triage with practice nurse or the doctor
- Demonstrate how to access online Triage Guides
- Recognising mental health issues and how to progress accordingly
Registration closes on 16 March 2017.
Morning tea will be provided, please advise your dietary requirements on registration.
For further information please contact Sheryn Hemley on firstname.lastname@example.org