Working as a GP Locum in the Northern Territory (NT) is varied, interesting and challenging. The rewards are great and there are opportunities to make a difference. You have the skills – just pack your sense of adventure!
The NT PHN Locum Programme provides an invaluable support service for GPs and health services in rural and remote areas across the NT. It is primarily run to support resident GP positions and also assists clinics that do not have a resident GP.
Locum GPs can work across the Territory, from main towns and regional centres to more isolated remote Aboriginal communities in the deserts of Central Australia and the tropical Top End. Locum GP positions are available in mainstream General Practice, in Aboriginal Health, or a combination of both.
Read our community profiles to learn more about each region.
The Work and Conditions
Practising medicine in the NT is varied, interesting and challenging, requiring adaptive and innovative work practices, and a multidisciplinary team-based approach. Contract length is negotiable.
- competitive rates of pay based on a five day working week (may include a small amount of on-call), plus GST if registered
- travel and accommodation
- comprehensive, quality resources, including the CARPA Standard Treatment Manual, Tropical Health Manual and Women’s Business Manual
- all travel, land permits and provider numbers.
All GP locums must abide by the GP locum - Code of Conduct. The Code outlines what is expected of GP locums during their term in the NT.
Explore our current vacancies or contact a member of our team for more information.
Essential selection criteria:
- Unconditional Medical Board registration
- Current resume, including details for two referees
- Own ABN or ability to obtain one
- Current Medical Indemnity insurance
- Working with Children Clearance (Ochre Card) or ability to acquire
- National Criminal History Check
- FRACGP, FACCRM or be a VR GP.
It is desirable for GP locums to have experience in Aboriginal Health, a current drivers licence and emergency skills.
t 08 8982 1011 or e email@example.com