A Healthcare Provider Organisation can register to participate in Australia’s My Health Record System.
Following this, Individual Healthcare Providers can be authorised to view patient records on behalf of their organisation.
With conformant software such as Medical Director, Best Practice, Genie or Zedmed, information can be securely accessed and uploaded to a patient’s My Health Record.
Download GP summary guide of benefits – what’s in it for me?
There are two steps to registering a Healthcare Provider Organisation with conformant software for the My Health Record system:
Go to the Australian Digital Health Agency Digital Health Online Forms. Electronically submit an application for the following three digital health services:
- Healthcare Provider Identifier – Organisation number (HPI-O)
- My Health Record system
- National Authentication Service for Health Public Key Infrastructure (NASH PKI) Certificate for Organisations
HELPFUL HINT - Have the following information ready to go prior to completing the online forms:
- ABN or ACN
- Registered business address and contact details
- Medicare Site PKI Cert RA number and/or Medicare Individual PKI Cert RA number
- ASIC Registration (for identification purposes where no Medicare Site PKI Cert RA number is registered)
- 100 points of ID such a drivers licence or birth certificate or passport (if not known to Medicare in a professional capacity – i.e. Medicare Provider Number)
- Determine who will be the Registered Officer (RO) and the Organisation Maintenance Officer (OMO) for your organisation. The RO is usually the owner or manager and the OMO could be your practice manager or contact administrator. Please consult the following Registration Guide for further information regarding registration and organisational roles and responsibilities.
Following completion of the online registration forms in Step 1, the organisation will receive the following items in separate packages from the Department of Human Services:
- Letter containing the Organisation’s HPI-O number and registration numbers for the nominated RO and OMO
- Letter confirming My Health Record system registration
- NASH PKI Certificate for Organisations (as a CD) with installation instructions
- Personal Identification Code (PIC) to use the NASH PKI Certificate
The NASH PKI Certificate for Organisations listed above will need to be installed. For assistance with installation on a single computer, call the eBusiness support centre on 1300 550 115. If you are installing certificates onto a server it is recommended to have the practices’ IT provider perform or assist with the installation. IT Providers may like this online My Health Record training for providers of IT support to General Practice.
For help in completing any of these registration steps:
ASSISTED REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Organisations that have registered to use the My Health Record system can assist patients to register for a My Health Record if they do not have one.
USEFUL GUIDES FOR GENERAL PRACTICE
- Maintaining digital health in your practice
- Data cleansing and clinical coding
- Finding a Health Service
- Free Digital Health Resources
- Post Registration Managing Digital Health Help
- Privacy and Security
TRANSLATION AND INTERPRETATION SUPPORT
Translating and Interpreting Services (Call 131 450)
CHANGE OF ORGANISATIONAL DETAILS FOLLOWING REGISTRATION
If an organisation has completed their registration for the My Health Record system and wishes to replace, add or remove an RO or OMO, they need to complete form HW040 Application to replace a RO or add or remove an OMO for an Organisation.
If an organisation that has completed registration for the My Health Record system wishes to amend any of their registration details, for example their business name, they need to complete form HW037 Healthcare Identifiers Service Application to amend a Healthcare Organisation record found here. This will also update the HPO information in the Healthcare Provider Directory (HPD). Additional documentary evidence of a change of name must be included with this form.
PRACTICE INCENTIVES PROGRAM eHEALTH INCENTIVE (ePIP)
Under the Practice Incentive Program eHealth Incentive practices must use compliant software and upload Shared Health Summaries to the My Health Record system for a minimum of 0.5% of their Standardised Whole Patient Equivalent (SWPE) count per quarter.
Use the eHealth Incentive Checklist to check that the practice systems are ready to upload Shared Health Summaries to a patient’s My Health Records. For assistance with this, call the My Health Record Online Technical Support line on 1300 550 113. Also, see FAQs.
business name, they need to complete
For your patients
- Consumer Guides
- Frequently asked Patient Questions
- Consumer Brochure – Indigenous
- My Health Record consumer Brochure
- My Health Record Poster
- My Health Record website
- Australian Digital Health Agency website
- Translating and Interpreting Services (Call 131 450)
For further support contact Practice Support:
t 08 8982 1000