- Salary $50,030 – $111,481 depending on experience
- 6 weeks annual leave, free gym membership, free general dentistry and relocation assistance
- Community based organisation – make a genuine difference to the community!
This is an exciting opportunity for a full time Aboriginal Health Practitioner, based in Tennant Creek. Join this community-based organisation and make a genuine difference to their community. You will be joining a friendly and professional team, where you will receive personal and professional development opportunities from an employer who wants to provide optimum working conditions.
Why Anyinginyi Health?
Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation is a multi-disciplinary organisation which provides primary health care services to the Aboriginal people of Tennant Creek and the surrounding Barkly region, dedicated to ‘Closing the Gap’ in Aboriginal health within remote Australia.
Anyinginyi consists of five different sections (Health Services, Business Services, Public Health Unit, Sports and Recreation, and Piliyintinji-Ki Stronger Families) which allow them to have a holistic approach to health ensuring that clients’ physical and emotional health and wellbeing is given the utmost priority.
What’s in it for you?
Working with Anyinginyi Health not only offers rewarding career options in a dynamic workplace, but a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Salary $50,030 – $111,481 depending on experience + 6 weeks annual leave
- Generous salary packaging of $15,899.94 p/a
- Professional development allowance of $1,300 p/a
- Free gym membership & free general dentistry
- Remote retention allowance of $750 and relocation assistance up to $5,000 to help you get settled into town!
What’s the role?
The Female Aboriginal Health Practitioner (Chronic Care) will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, addressing the health care needs for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander clients living in Tennant Creek and the surrounding Barkly Region, working with all clinicians to maintain and develop culturally appropriate and accessible health services (CARPA Standard Treatment Manual).
Responsibilities include, but not limited to-
- Document a generic care pathway to form the basic framework for treatment and care, utilising existing electronic health record systems and appropriate checklists to optimise Medicare billing
- Work to improve engagement and access by Aboriginal women to health services and the attendance for necessary recalls
- Working with all clinicians to maintain and develop culturally appropriate and accessible health services for Aboriginal women (CARPA Standard Treatment Manual)
- Provide sexual health and family planning counselling, and capacity building education and information sessions to communities, as required
- Advocate for rights and needs of individuals, families, and communities on health-related issues, and visit remote communities, as required
Is the role right for you?
This is a rewarding role where you will truly make a difference in the lives of Anyinginyi Health’s remote communities, providing the chance to experience real job satisfaction every day and play an important role in Anyinginyi’s drive to be a provider of high quality holistic primary health care services to the Aboriginal communities of the Barkly Region in a culturally responsive way.
Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- AHPRA registration to practice as an Aboriginal Health Practitioner
- Minimum Certificate IV in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care Practice
- Acquire clinical skills and experience needed to work competently in remote areas, with demonstrated experience in multidisciplinary team environment
- Experience working with an Aboriginal organisation or communities will be highly regarded but is not essential, provided you are able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the issues pertaining to Aboriginal Primary Health Care and the social determinants of health in surrounding communities
- Current Ochre Card, Criminal History Check, First Aid Certificate and NT Drivers Licence
What’s it like living in Tennant Creek?
As a small regional centre, Tennant Creek does not have the facilities one would find in larger country towns like Katherine or Alice Springs however it does provide for all the basics that most people require. There is a supermarket similar to a large IGA store, Post Office, clothing and furniture stores, Pharmacy, Newsagent, two banks (ANZ & Westpac), restaurants and coffee shops, four hotels/motels, and a delicatessen. It also has sporting facilities (e.g. swimming pool, basketball courts, tennis court, football ground, car racing track), and several tourists attractions within easy reach Like our Beautiful Lake Mary Ann!
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “apply for this job” link
Applicants must address the selection criteria in a cover letter and provide a current CV along with contact details for at least 2 referees
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Paul Wallwork on 08 8982 1011 or firstname.lastname@example.org