- Are you looking to develop and progress in your career as an Aboriginal Health Practitioner?
- Do you want to be part of a team that empowers people to take responsibility for their health?
- Are you interested in working in the tropical climate of the Northern Territory?
Why Wurli Wurlinjang Health Service?
This Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation specialises in the delivery of primary and clinical health care services to the Aboriginal people in Katherine and surrounded communities. Wurli operates a range of clinics and provides a range of services that require primary health care to be delivered by Registered Aboriginal Health Practitioners. You would be responsible for delivering safe, high-quality clinical services, patient care, health promotion and education as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
What’s in it for you?
Wurli offer generous working conditions including:
- A competitive salary
- Education support grants and relocation support may be available for eligible candidates
- Professional development opportunities
- Consideration for flexible working hours
- Rewarding and positive work environment
What’s the role?
Responsibilities include, but not limited to-
- Providing day to day health care service activities within the context of Primary Health Care in a professional, confidential and culturally safe manner
- Delivering services in accordance with Wurli policy and procedures, guided by CARPA standard treatment manual and applicable legislation and regulations
- Depending on the clinic and/or program Registered Aboriginal Health Practitioners may assess and treat clients, deliver specific health care programs or specialise in a health care service
- Providing cultural brokerage between patients and non-indigenous staff to provide culturally safe and appropriate advice and support in order to contribute to better health outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Contributing to the effective management of patient care plan systems, including participating in patient care conferences, managing patient follow-up procedure
Is the role right for you?
To be considered for this opportunity, you must meet the below essential criteria:
- Certificate IV in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care
- Fully registered as ATSI Primary Health Practitioner with Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Successful completion of on the job traineeship in Primary Health Care
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s Licence, National Police Records Check and Working with Children’s Clearance
- Current First Aid Certificate and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation Certificate (CPR)
What’s it like living in Katherine?
This unique opportunity is in the town of Katherine which is approximately 300km south of Darwin. Katherine is a well-equipped regional town with a shopping centre that features a supermarket and many specialty shops. Katherine is on the edge of Kakadu National Park which is filled with some of the world’s best waterfalls and bush walks. And Katherine itself is a region full of gorges and misty waterfalls, hot springs and ancient cultures.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “Apply for this job” link
Applicants must address the selection criteria in a cover letter and provide a current CV along with contact details for at least 2 referees.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Paul Wallwork on 08 8982 1011 or firstname.lastname@example.org