- Develop and progress in your career as an Aboriginal Health Practitioner
- Be part of a team that empowers people to take responsibility for their health
- Work in the tropical climate of the Northern Territory
Wurli Wurlinjang Health Service prides itself on delivering a range of health services to the community in a style and manner that makes clients feel welcome and comfortable. Wurli operates a range of clinics and provides a range of primary health care and other services which include main clinic (acute and general care), Gudbinji Chronic Disease Clinic, Binjari Health Centre, Women and Children’s Health and Men’s Health. Wurli has a range of positions available in our multi-disciplinary team for Registered Aboriginal Health Practitioners who have clinical experience and are keen to make a difference.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary – AHP level 2
- six weeks annual leave plus leave loading per annum
- One weeks paid special leave per annum
- 15 days personal leave per annum
- Salary sacrifice arrangements available
- Professional development opportunities
What’s the role?
- Health Screening; Immunisation; Eye Health Care; Ear Health Care; Diabetes Health care; Oral Health Care; Sexual Health
- Screen patients and treat according to CARPA protocols or refer client to a more senior Health Practitioner, Nurse or Doctor
- Explain procedures and treatment to clients to gain cooperation and understanding, and allow clients to make informed decisions about their health management
- Provide culturally appropriate health care to meet the needs of the community
- Assist Doctors and other health professionals with communication, treatment and any advice relevant to a client’s treatment
- Recording of statistics and maintaining computer systems required for efficient and effective management of clients
Is the role right for you?
- Certificate IV in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care
- Fully registered as ATSI Primary Health Practitioner with Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s Licence, National Police Records Check and Working with Children’s Clearance
- Current First Aid Certificate and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation Certificate (CPR)
What’s it like living in the Big Rivers Region?
This unique opportunity is in the town of Katherine which is approximately 300km south of Darwin. Katherine is a well-equipped regional town with a shopping centre that features a supermarket and many specialty shops. Katherine is on the edge of Kakadu National Park which is filled with some of the world’s best waterfalls and bush walks. And Katherine itself is a region full of gorges and misty waterfalls, hot springs and ancient cultures.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “Apply for this job” link
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Megan on 08 8982 1002.Apply Now