- Excellent salary (RN4 level) and based in West Arnhem Land
- Work with a committed and passionate team
- Participate in professional development and community activities
Why Mala’la Health Service?
Mala’la Health Service is a respected & accredited Aboriginal Corporation providing services to the seaside community of Maningrida (520 km east of Darwin), with a population of approximately 2,800 people. These services include Primary Health Care, Youth Services, Aged & Community Care, Community Wellness, Drug & Alcohol Services and Stronger Communities for Children.
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent Salary with Salary Sacrifice options
- Permanent and long term locum positions
- Retention allowance $10k/annum
- Fully subsidised accommodation provided
- Relocation Assistance & Travel Allowance available to eligible candidates
- 6 weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Work with a committed and passionate tea
What’s the role?
- Work within the Primary Health Care Programs in partnership with the multi-disciplinary team to provide high quality prevention and treatment
- Provide a culturally safe, competent and comprehensive care
- Develop and maintain a strong referral pathway
- Work with the broader team including external agencies
- Participate in the on call roster provided by Mala’la Health Service
Is the role right for you?
- Current Practicing Certificate from Australian Health Practitioner Regulatory Agency (AHPRA) as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum 5 years broad nursing experience post registration and 3 years working in a primary health related field in a remote context
- Qualifications and experience directly related to the relevant role, preferably in a community setting
- Current Advanced Life Support, Remote Emergency Care and About Giving Vaccines qualifications (or equivalent)
- Current driver’s licence, satisfactory criminal history check and NT Ochre card
- Knowledge and commitment to the principles of primary health care and understanding of how the social determinants affect Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander populations
What’s it like living in Maningrida?
Maningrida is a remote Aboriginal community in West Arnhem Land, Northern Territory, and boasts a beautiful seaside location steeped in history and culture with traditional landowners being the Kunibidji people. A permanent settlement was established in the late 1940s, originally as a trading post with Aboriginal people in the area. Maningrida is the major service centre for the region with a school, health clinic, multiple food outlets, two supermarkets, service station, arts centre, creche, and a tarmac airport with commercial flights operating daily to Darwin.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “Apply for this job” link
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Megan Dennis on 08 8982 1002.Apply Now