- Salary starting at $38 per hour
- Relocation assistance and temporary accommodation available at the facility
- Flexible work arrangements and generous salary packaging options
Australian Red Cross have a fantastic opportunity available for a Registered Nurse in the Kalano Flexible Care facility based in Katherine. This role will be responsible for ensuring resident care is assessed, planned, and implemented, and progress is evaluated in accordance with each individual’s needs.
Why Australian Red Cross?
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian movement. They support and empower people and communities in times of vulnerability and act for humanity. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone seeking personal & professional development. The environment provides a great learning platform and mentoring is guaranteed as the role will work closely with the Kalano Aged Care Manager.
What’s in it for you?
Work for purpose, know that the work you do enables Red Cross to support and empower people and communities in times of vulnerability.
- Flexible work arrangements
- Generous salary packaging options up to $15,900 per year, increasing take home pay
- Gain invaluable skills and experience working in a remote community
- Full time hours – Monday to Friday (7am – 3pm)
- Relocation assistance and accommodation support available
What’s the role?
Kalano Flexible Care facility cares for up to sixteen permanent and two respite Flexible Care residents for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander residents of the Katherine Region. Staff ensure residents are provided with assistance to achieve maximum independence. The Registered Nurse will work with the Kalano Aged Care Manager to ensure the smooth running of the service in accordance with funding and organisational requirements.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to-
- Ensuring Kalano Flexible Care service meets all accreditation & Aged Care standards
- Providing leadership and support to the staff caring for clients to ensure an efficient and effective service that meets client needs
- Promoting a consultative and collaborative approach to person centred care planning including participation by the individual and/or the individual’s representative
- Ensuring resident care is assessed, planned, and implemented, and progress is evaluated in accordance with each individual’s physical, social, emotional, spiritual and clinical needs
- Developing, implementing, monitoring, and reviewing care plans to meet a person’s health care needs and to promote quality of life
Is this the right role for you?
Are you ready for an exciting change and a career defining experience? This wonderful opportunity in beautiful NT could be just the right move for you!
Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- Current AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse
- Broad general nursing experience and demonstrated skills reflective of clinical and management experience in resident centred, residential based Aged Care services delivery
- Working knowledge of workplace health and safety practices and behaviours
- Working knowledge and understanding of New Age Care Quality Standards (July 2019) and of continuous quality improvement practices in the context of Aged Care
- Meet all legislative and other requirements for working in a residential aged care facility
- Demonstrated understanding of cultural diversity and ability to articulate and advocate that awareness and understanding to other Red Cross staff and stakeholders
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “Apply for this job” link
Applicants must address the selection criteria in a cover letter and provide a current CV along with contact details for at least 2 referees.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please call 08 8982 1011 or email email@example.com