- Base Salary: $112,905 – $121,251
- Female Identified Position
- Relocation Assistance
Why Central Australian Aboriginal Congress?
Central Australian Aboriginal Congress (Congress) has expanded to become the largest Aboriginal community-controlled health organisation in the Northern Territory and are one of the most experienced Aboriginal primary health care services in the country, a strong political advocate of closing the gap on Aboriginal health disadvantage and a national leader in improving health outcomes for all Aboriginal people.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salaries
- Six (6) weeks’ annual leave
- Generous salary packaging
- A strong commitment to Professional Development
- Access to the Congress health services for you and your family at no cost
- Remote Benefits (where applicable)
What’s the role?
- Providing best evidence based clinical and culturally safe midwifery care
- Managing a case load of maternity clients and working collaboratively with the Maternity Service team and GPs, to plan and deliver quality, evidence based antenatal and postnatal care
- Providing a range of screening, treatment and education relating to all aspects of maternity care, according to evidenced best practice and the Minymaku Kutju Tjukurpa – Women’s Business Manual guidelines
- Referring clients to internal and external agencies and services that provide complementary services to support outcomes and continuity of care
- Assisting with outreach services and providing maternity services at other Congress clinics as required
Is the role right for you?
- Current registration as a Midwife with AHPRA, with experience in antenatal, labour, birth and postnatal care
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and effectively within a multi-disciplinary team, to achieve Key Performance Indicators and adherence to Australian College of Midwives National Midwifery Guidelines for Consultation and Referral
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development and preparedness to meet the Australian College of Midwives Midwifery Practice Review process, or equivalent within 12 months of working within an MGP model
- Current Ochre Card, Criminal History Check, First Aid Certificate and NT Drivers Licence
What’s it like living in Alice Springs?
Framed by the iconic MacDonnell Ranges and surrounding desert landscape, Alice Springs is the place to begin your outback adventure. Alice Springs is a melting pot of culture, art, history, entertainment, and adventure. Mparntwe is the Arrernte word for Alice Springs. The Arrernte people are the traditional custodians of Alice Springs and have a strong connection with the land. Stunning landscapes, the world’s oldest living culture, and a unique pioneering history create a diverse and exhilarating destination to explore.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. Apply today by clicking the “Apply for this job” link
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Megan on 08 8982 1002 or firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now