- Part time (0.8 FTE) 2 year contract
- Base salary of $97,032 – $115,966 (p.a.)
- Female Identified Position
Why Central Australian Aboriginal Congress?
Central Australian Aboriginal Congress (Congress) has expanded to become the largest Aboriginal community-controlled health organisation in the Northern Territory and are one of the most experienced Aboriginal primary health care services in the country, a strong political advocate of closing the gap on Aboriginal health disadvantage and a national leader in improving health outcomes for all Aboriginal people.
What’s in it for you?
Working with Congress not only offers rewarding career options in a dynamic workplace, but a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Total effective package of $114,842 – $135,066 (p.a.)
- 6 weeks annual recreation leave
- Professional development opportunities
- District allowance and remote benefits
- Relocation assistance where applicable
What’s the role?
The Midwife delivers evidence-based clinical and culturally safe midwifery care to Alukura clients. Congress is currently reviewing plans for the implementation of the Alukura Midwifery Group Practice (MGP). If the MGP is established the Midwife will transition to providing care during the continuum of the woman’s pregnancy, labour and birth and postnatal journey, including participating in an on-call roster, with an allocated caseload.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to-
- Providing best evidence based clinical and culturally safe midwifery care
- Managing a case load of maternity clients and working collaboratively with the Maternity Service team and GPs, to plan and deliver quality, evidence based antenatal and postnatal care
- Providing a range of screening, treatment and education relating to all aspects of maternity care, according to evidenced best practice and the Minymaku Kutju Tjukurpa – Women’s Business Manual guidelines
- Referring clients to internal and external agencies and services that provide complementary services to support outcomes and continuity of care
- Assisting with outreach services and providing maternity services at other Congress clinics as required
Is the role right for you?
Alukura Women’s Health Services are guided predominately by their traditional Aboriginal Grandmothers and aims to preserve and recognise Aboriginal identity, culture, law, and languages, as they relate to birthing, pregnancy, childbirth and the care of Aboriginal women and their babies. The service is in the health services division and has two sections: maternity care and women’s health. Alukura works within a multidisciplinary team and collaborates across all Congress and external services and programs to optimise maternity outcomes for clients.
Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- Current registration as a Midwife with AHPRA, with experience in antenatal, labour, birth and postnatal care, and have an understanding of and commitment to working in an MGP continuity of care model, including birthing and participation in an on-call roster upon implementation of this service
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and effectively within a multi-disciplinary team, to achieve Key Performance Indicators and adherence to Australian College of Midwives National Midwifery Guidelines for Consultation and Referral
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development and preparedness to meet the Australian College of Midwives Midwifery Practice Review process, or equivalent within 12 months of working within an MGP model
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of culturally safe care within an Aboriginal health context
- Current Ochre Card, Criminal History Check, First Aid Certificate and NT Drivers Licence
What’s it like living in Alice Springs?
Framed by the iconic MacDonnell Ranges and surrounding desert landscape, Alice Springs is the place to begin your outback adventure. Alice Springs is a melting pot of culture, art, history, entertainment, and adventure. Mparntwe is the Arrernte word for Alice Springs. The Arrernte people are the traditional custodians of Alice Springs and have a strong connection with the land. Stunning landscapes, the world’s oldest living culture, and a unique pioneering history create a diverse and exhilarating destination to explore.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “APPLY NOW” link
Applicants must address the selection criteria in a cover letter and provide a current CV along with contact details for at least 2 referees.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Lauren Golotta on 08 8982 1011 orApply Now