- Deliver high quality rehabilitation services
- Join a committed education team
- Town based role – Alice Springs
Why Healthy Living NT?
Healthy Living NT is the trading name of the Diabetes Association of the NT Inc. which was established in 1980. The Association is a charitable, member based, organisation for people with diabetes and related conditions. As a consumer based organisation the Association is managed by a voluntary board, committed to the well-being of all people with diabetes and related conditions.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a wonderful Alice Springs lifestyle and a rewarding career, with the opportunity to work in remote communities and utilise your skills and experience, Healthy Living NT offers an excellent range of employment benefits including:
- Excellent salary package of approximately $120,000 to be negotiated with successful candidate
- Salary sacrificing options
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Relocation assistance to eligible candidates
- Short term contracts, minimum of 3 months considered, 6 – 12 months preferred
What’s the role?
To be a successful Cardiac Nurse Educator, you will deliver cardiac education services within Alice Springs. You will coordinate, manage, and conduct the urban cardiac rehabilitation program and assist in the delivery of ongoing education for clients with cardiac disease in remote and regional areas of the NT.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to-
- Acting as a resource person to other health professionals by delivering informal and formal education services
- Participating in educational programs for cardiac rehabilitation in the community
- Supporting clients in the development of their individualised cardiac rehabilitation plan
- Delivering educational programs to health professionals to increase their cardiac education and rehabilitation knowledge, skills and service delivery
Is the role right for you?
Whilst an understanding of Aboriginal culture, or a willingness to learn, is helpful, what will really see you thrive in this position is effective communication and software skills and a capacity to immerse yourself in the community.
Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- Current Practicing Certificate with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- Previous experience in cardiac nursing and providing cardiac rehabilitation services
- Ability to plan, implement and evaluate health promotion and educational programs
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to participate in a small multidisciplinary team within a cross cultural environment
- Post graduate nursing qualifications in cardiac or critical care, highly regarded
What’s it like living in Alice Springs?
Stunning landscapes, remote communities, and a unique pioneering history create a diverse and exhilarating destination to explore. A thriving, spirited outback centre, Alice Springs is as famous for the personality of its locals and contemporary and traditional art as the natural wonders, including the stunning Larapinta Trail and the MacDonnell Ranges, which surround it.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “Apply for this job” link
Applicants must address the selection criteria in a cover letter and provide a current CV along with contact details for at least 2 referees.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Paul Wallwork on 08 8982 1011 or email@example.com