- The heart of Arnhem Land
- Excellent Salary (RN4)
- Relocation assistance provided
Mala’la is a respected & accredited Aboriginal Corporation providing services to the seaside community of Maningrida (520 km east of Darwin), with a population of approximately 2,800 people. These services include Primary Health Care, Youth Services, Aged & Community Care, Community Wellness, Drug & Alcohol Services and Stronger Communities for Children.
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent salary with Salary Sacrifice options
- Permanent and long term locum positions
- Fully subsidised accommodation provided
- Relocation Assistance & Travel Allowance available to eligible candidates
- 6 weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Work with a committed and passionate team
What’s the role?
- Working within the Child Health Program in partnership with the multi-disciplinary team to provide high quality prevention and treatment
- Identifying and prioritising Child Health needs by working collaboratively with families and the broader community
- Providing a culturally safe, competent and comprehensive care
- Developing and maintaining a strong referral pathway
- Working with the broader team including external agencies
Is the role right for you?
- Current AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum 5 years broad nursing experience post registration and 3 years working in a primary health related field in a remote context, preferably in Child Health
- Remote experience with the ability to participate in on-call roster
- Qualifications and experience directly related to Child Health, preferably in community setting
What’s it like living in Maningrida?
Maningrida is a remote Aboriginal community in West Arnhem Land, Northern Territory, and boasts a beautiful seaside location steeped in history and culture with traditional landowners being the Kunibidji people. A permanent settlement was established in the late 1940s, originally as a trading post with Aboriginal people in the area. Maningrida is the major service centre for the region with a school, health clinic, multiple food outlets, two supermarkets, service station, arts centre, creche, and a tarmac airport with commercial flights operating daily to Darwin.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. Apply today by clicking the “Apply for this job” link
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Megan Dennis on 08 8982 1002Apply Now