Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation (Anyinginyi) are seeking a Chronic Care Coordinator Nurse to use an evidence-based methodology to identify gaps in services and facilitate models of care which are patient centered, effective and innovative in addressing current health issues impacting the community.
Anyinginyi is a multi-disciplinary organisation which provides primary health care services to the Aboriginal people of Tennant Creek and the surrounding Barkly region, dedicated to ‘Closing the Gap’ in Aboriginal health within remote Australia. Anyinginyi has a holistic approach to health ensuring that clients’ physical and emotional health and wellbeing is given the utmost priority.
What’s in it for you?
Working with Anyinginyi not only offers rewarding career options in a dynamic workplace, but a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Salary of $119,273 – $124,281 p/a + 6 weeks annual leave
- Generous salary packaging of $15,899.94 p/a
- Free gym membership & free general dentistry
- Professional development allowance of $1,300p/a
- Remote retention allowance of $750 and relocation assistance up to $5,000 to help you get settled into town!
What’s the role?
The Chronic Care Coordinator Nurse will work to provide clinical expertise in chronic disease management through care coordination and case management including needs assessment for the provision of supplementary services to all clients with chronic diseases enrolled into the Integrated Team Care (ITC) program.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to-
- Providing high quality Chronic Care Coordination to the Anyinginyi multidisciplinary team. This will include acting as a point of contact for the care of complex clients and providing new staff with support and induction to the Anyinginyi model of chronic disease care and also providing training and up-skilling to all Anyinginyi staff as required
- Taking a leading role in the review and development of Chronic Disease Management Plans and Team Care Arrangements in consultation with the General Practitioner and multidisciplinary team
- Providing active treatment, screening programs and health education on individual health risks including to clients with mental health issues
- Encouraging and supporting clients accessing the service to adopt or modify behaviours to better manage their health and wellbeing
Is the role right for you?
To be considered for this position, you must be a Registered Nurse with current AHPRA Registration and acquire clinical skills and experience needed to work competently in remote areas, with demonstrated experience in Chronic Disease Management.
Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- Evidenced understanding of the Primary Health Care system and key issues relevant to closing the gap in health outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Ability to communicate sensitively and culturally appropriate to support the delivery of programs and services
- Current certification to give vaccines in the Northern Territory or ability to achieve this
- Experience, skills and knowledge in multidisciplinary teamwork and conflict management
- Experience in coordinating and facilitating clinical and informed education practices against the requirements of this role, including supervision of staff and the ability to work with minimal supervision, maintain lines of accountability, set work priorities, and meet deadlines
What’s it like living in Tennant Creek?
Year-round blue skies, stunning landscapes, and vibrant, diverse, and warm communities – that’s life in the Northern Territory! Only a short flight from most Australian cities, Tennant Creek is not just a must-see destination renowned for its individual identity and rich cultural heritage but is a remarkable community to set up home in! As a small regional centre, Tennant Creek does not have the facilities one would find in larger country towns like Katherine or Alice Springs, however, it does provide for all the basics that most people require, and several tourist attractions within easy reach like the beautiful Lake Mary Ann.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “Apply for this job” link
Applicants must address the selection criteria in a cover letter and provide a current CV along with contact details for at least 2 referees.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Paul Wallwork on 08 8982 1011 or email@example.com