- Be part of a multi-disciplinary team which delivers general and acute care
- Remote travel to communities
- Competitive salary with 6 weeks annual leave
Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service (Wurli) is looking for a Registered Aboriginal Health Practitioner or Registered Nurse who has a minimum of 5 years’ clinical experience and preferably previous experience with supervising / leading a small team to join their team as a Clinic Coordinator, with Gudbinji (Chronic Disease) program.
Why Wurli Wurlinjang Health Service?
Wurli is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation delivering primary and clinical health care services to the Aboriginal people in Katherine and surrounding communities. Wurli prides itself on delivering a range of health and wellbeing services to the community in a style and manner that makes clients feel welcome and comfortable. Services include acute and general care, chronic disease, men’s health, alcohol and other drugs, social and emotional wellbeing and client support services.
What’s in it for you?
Wurli offer generous working conditions including:
- Competitive annual salary
- 6 weeks annual leave plus leave loading
- Training and career development opportunities including study leave provisions
- Salary packaging arrangements
- Continuous CPD opportunities
What’s the role?
The Clinic Coordinator will be responsible for the delivery of a high-quality primary/acute care clinical program to the program whilst meeting and improving clinical key performance indicators. The role is responsible for coordinating the delivery of client services in accordance with Wurli policies and procedures, guided by CARPA standard treatment manual and applicable legislation and regulations.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to-
- Supervising other clinical and support staff in their program area, ensuring planning and supervision of their daily duties
- Being responsible for quality and assurance checks and audits to ensure standards are met in accordance with the Australian General Practice Accreditation Limited (AGPAL)
- Assisting in the provision of high-quality emergency care that, at times, is independent but with support
- Maintaining the clinic presentation, hygiene, and operational needs by ensuring that RACGP accreditation standards are maintained, there is timely regular ordering of consumables used in the clinic and regular maintenance of clinical equipment
- Liaising with Indigenous agencies, health clinics, hospitals and welfare providers, and other staff members to ensure clients have access to information and are referred to relevant services and programs as required
- Developing and maintaining relationships both within the organisation and external to the organisation that motes a culturally safe approach to client care
Is the role right for you?
To be successful in the Clinic Coordinator role you will demonstrate sound knowledge of Primary health care/ CARPA standards/ RACGP/ ISO 9001 and an understanding of indigenous societies and culture.
Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- Full Registration as an ATSI Primary Health Practitioner or Nurse with Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Certificate IV in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care / Bachelor of Nursing
- Minimum of 5 years broad clinical experience / previous experience in a clinical leadership or supervisory role
- Sound knowledge and understanding of indigenous societies and culture, including issues effecting indigenous people in contemporary Australian Society and knowledge of Katherine and surrounding communities
- National Police Records Check, Working with Children’s Clearance and Current Northern Territory Driver’s License
What’s it like living in Katherine?
Katherine is a wonderful, family-friendly place to live, with access to some of the most spectacular national parks and cultural experiences right at your door, and Darwin is only a 3 hour drive away. Katherine is a dynamic regional centre with fantastic educational and recreational facilities, and private and government schooling to year 12. Situated 20kms from the Nitmiluk National Park and the spectacular Gorge systems as well as the Arnhem Land escarpment, the Katherine region is full of rich indigenous culture and heritage.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “Apply for this job” link
Applicants must address the selection criteria in a cover letter and provide a current CV along with contact details for at least 2 referees.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Paul Wallwork on 08 8982 1011 or email@example.com