- The heart of Arnhem Land
- Excellent Salary (RN4)
- Relocation assistance provided
Rural Workforce Agency NT (RWA NT) are partnering with Mala’a Health Service (Mala’la) to find a Registered Nurse, with experience in Chronic Disease, for their Chronic Disease Program. To be a successful Chronic Disease Nurse, you will be able to promote and provide comprehensive, culturally appropriate client centred care to the population of Maningrida Community, and also work collaboratively with other stakeholders in Maningrida.
Mala’la is a respected & accredited Aboriginal Corporation providing services to the seaside community of Maningrida (520 km east of Darwin), with a population of approximately 2,800 people. These services include Primary Health Care, Youth Services, Aged & Community Care, Community Wellness, Drug & Alcohol Services and Stronger Communities for Children.
What’s the role?
Responsibilities include, but not limited to-
- Working within the Chronic Disease Program, in partnership with the multi-disciplinary team, to provide high quality prevention and treatment
- Providing a culturally safe, competent and comprehensive care
- Developing and maintaining a strong referral pathway
- Working with the broader team including external agencies
What’s In It for You?
- Excellent Salary with Salary Sacrifice options
- Permanent and long term locum positions
- Fully subsidised accommodation provided
- Relocation Assistance & Travel Allowance available to eligible candidates
- 6 weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Work with a committed and passionate team
Is the role right for you?
Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- Current AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum 5 years broad nursing experience post registration and 3 years working in a primary health related field in a remote context, preferably in Chronic Disease
- Qualifications and experience directly related to Chronic Disease, preferably in community setting
What’s it like living in Maningrida?
Maningrida is a remote Aboriginal community in West Arnhem Land, Northern Territory with a population of approximately 2,800 people. It is located approximated 520 km east of Darwin, and boasts a beautiful seaside location steeped in history and culture with traditional landowners being the Kunibidji people.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “Apply for this job” link
Applicants must address the selection criteria in a cover letter and provide a current CV along with contact details for at least 2 referees.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Paul Wallwork on 08 8982 1011 or firstname.lastname@example.org