- Miwatj is one of Australia’s largest providers of Aboriginal healthcare
- Miwatj is engaging with health issues at a grass roots community level
- Miwatj is seeking a Remote Area Nurse to provide Women’s health nursing practice
Miwatj Health Aboriginal Corporation (Miwatj Health) are seeking a Clinical Educator to join their team in Darwin, Northern Territory.
Miwatj Health is an independent, Aboriginal-controlled health service administered by a Board of Directors representing communities across East Arnhem Land. Miwatj anticipates that the next decade will see great progress in tackling the most important risk factors for Aboriginal health in this region.
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent salary of $110,606 to $118,826 plus superannuation
- Salary sacrificing of $15,900 p/a
- 6 weeks annual leave with 17.5% loading
- Darwin location
Whats the role?
Miwatj Health are pleased to offer this position as a full-time opportunity. Based in Miwatj Health Darwin Office, you will be working closely with our Aboriginal workforce which is critical to clients success. You’ll be committed to finding the best way to communicate with clients and team in order to provide great care in sometimes uncertain circumstances. Core aspects of your role will include:
- Support Aboriginal Health Practitioner trainees to achieve the Aboriginal Health Practitioner (AHP) qualification and AHPRA registration accordingly
- Ensure AHP trainees complete and understand learning outcomes and complete log books and assignments relevant to their training and to the required standard
- Facilitate AHP trainee and AHP graduate acquisition of clinical skills under appropriate and relevant supervision
- Support Miwatj Health learning and development needs as identified by service delivery priorities and requirements
- Ensure compliance with Miwatj Health contracted RTOs and other learning and development provider course requirements and assessments, including regularly evaluating course and assessment progress
- Design and develop learning materials that address identified needs and meet national competency standards
- Evaluate and modify existing learning materials to be culturally acceptable
- Plan and deliver structured in-service professional development for the purpose of up-skilling Nurses, Aboriginal Community Health Workers and AHPs
Is the role right for you?
Miwatj are looking for people who are committed to not only growing their capability, but willing to step in and support other team members and clients. Whilst knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture is helpful, what will really see you thrive in our communities is an open mind, willingness to be exposed to culture, and curiosity.
Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- Current registration with unrestricted licence to practice in the NT as an AHP or Registered Nurse
- Demonstrated experience working in the Aboriginal Community Controlled Health sector with a sound knowledge and understanding of the role of Aboriginal Health Practitioners
- Experience as a Clinical Educator, and / or in the planning, coordination, facilitation and support of workforce learning and development initiatives, activities and strategies
- Demonstrated ability to develop, deliver and evaluate training and development programs and able to produce quality business documents and reports
- Demonstrated understanding of Aboriginal workforce training and development issues in an NT context
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “Apply for this job” link
Applicants must address the selection criteria in a cover letter and provide a current CV along with contact details for at least 2 referees.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Paul Wallwork on 08 8982 1011 or firstname.lastname@example.org