- Base Salary: $112,905 – $121,251
- Relocation Grant
- Full-Time Position
Why Central Australian Aboriginal Congress?
Congress has expanded to become the largest Aboriginal community-controlled health organisation in the Northern Territory, providing a comprehensive, holistic and culturally appropriate primary health care service to Aboriginal people living in and nearby Alice Springs.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salaries
- Six (6) weeks’ annual leave
- Generous salary packaging
- A strong commitment to Professional Development
- Access to the Congress health services for you and your family at no cost
- District allowance and Remote Benefits
What’s the role?
- Provide on-the-job supervision, mentoring and teaching of nursing and allied health students and graduate AHP and nurse positions
- Support clinical staff who provide supervision with instruction on supervision, mentoring and teaching of nursing and allied health students and graduate AHP and nurse positions
- Liaise with lecturers at the registered training organisation attended by the students to support the student’s progress through the qualification
- Maintain records associated with delivery and assessment of programs
- Provide transitional support in a new practice setting and scope of practice
Is this the right role for you?
- Registered as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Demonstrated experience with mentoring and supporting health professional students or graduate nurses through the complexities of clinical placement and meeting registration requirements
- Able to demonstrate extensive experience working in a primary health care settings in particular Aboriginal community-controlled health services
- Excellent communication skills, in particular the ability to communicate sensitively in a cross-cultural environment with Aboriginal clients and staff
- Proven broad range of clinical skills and knowledge, with the ability to model high quality clinical care as part of a multidisciplinary team and share this knowledge with a diverse range of people
What’s it ike living in Alice Springs?
A thriving, spirited outback centre, Alice Springs is as famous for the personality of its locals and contemporary and traditional art as the natural wonders. Stunning landscapes, remote communities, and a unique pioneering history create a diverse and exhilarating destination to explore. Including the spectacular Larapinta Trail and the MacDonnell Ranges, which surround it.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “Apply for this job” link
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Megan on 08 8982 1002.Apply Now