- Are you a male GP, experienced in Men’s health?
- Do you have a patient centred focus and will take up the goal of getting people home on country?
- Are you known for your compassion, empathy and ability to listen?
- Do you have experience working for an Aboriginal organisation and keen develop an awareness of the issues pertaining to the Central Australian region?
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Why Purple House?
Purple House is an innovative Indigenous-owned and run health service operating from its base in Alice Springs in the Northern Territory.
Now operating 18 remote clinics and a mobile dialysis unit called the Purple Truck, Purple House is getting patients back home so that families and culture can remain strong.
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible casual employment arrangements
- $125 per hour – 1-2 days per week
- Work for an organisation committed to environmentally sustainable healthcare
- Join a happy team that is committed to excellent clinical care delivery
- Get to know patients who thrive at Purple House and are full of remarkable stories of Central Australia
- Opportunity to explore Central Australia and experience it’s rich cultural history and landmarks
What’s the role?
This is a wonderful opportunity for a male General Practitioner to provide culturally appropriate holistic Men’s health care, to help achieve outstanding outcomes for dialysis patients from Central Australian communities.
You will have the chance to immerse yourself in a new culture and language, while learning from the local Indigenous people.
- Provide unrushed, holistic primary care to male dialysis patients in Alice Springs
- Respond to acute medical/health problems presented by patients
- Develop chronic disease management plans with the patient’s input
- Provide appropriate health education and promotion
Is this the right role for you?
Before you apply, we need you to have:
- Medical Practitioner’s specialist registration with AHPRA
- Fellow of RACG or ACCRM
- Male General Practitioner experienced in Men’s health
- A passion for treating chronic disease for better health outcomes
NT PHN/RWA NT may be able to offer relocation support and clinical educational financial assistance to health professionals who are relocating to the NT or moving within the NT to a greater remoteness area classification for the purposes of employment and further clinical education.
For more information about this rewarding opportunity, please contact Barbara on 08 8982 1010.Apply Now