Sunrise Health Service are seeking a Credentialed Diabetes Educator for a 6 month opportunity to work in and provide excellent healthcare to their remote communities.
Sunrise is an independent community controlled health service that provides comprehensive primary health care services to nine remote health centres and to the 4000 people living in the Katherine East region. Health centres are located at Barunga, Manyallaluk, Wugularr, Bulman, Mataranka, Jilkminggan, Minyerri, Ngukurr and Urapunga.
As the successful Credentialed Diabetes Educator, you will be able to provide services to all Sunrise clinics and communities for individual and group services to diabetic patients and families. Being part of a passionate team of preventative and chronic disease health professionals, your role will be based in the wider Population Health Team that includes a range of other clinicians and programs You will travel regularly to the nine remote clinics, with some overnight stays required.
What do you need to apply?
- Unrestricted working rights within Australia
- AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse or Nurse Practitioner
- Credentialing as a Diabetes Educator
- Extensive professional experience in diabetes and chronic disease management
- Demonstrated understanding of the principals of Aboriginal community controlled health services
- Ability to practice in a sensitive and culturally safe manner in a remote Aboriginal Community
- Diabetes education training highly regarded
- Current Criminal History check
- Current Working with Children (Ochre Card)
- Manual Driver’s License with 4WD drive skills or willingness to obtain
- The successful candidate must be willing to travel in light aircraft or four wheel drive and stay overnight in the Sunrise Health Service remote communities, as required
- Candidates are required to address the selection criteria by providing a cover letter with their application to be considered for this role
What’s in it for you?
- Salary range $92,843 ‐ $110,729 pro rata
- Salary sacrificing of up to $15,899
- Relocation options available
- Work with a dedicated and like minded team
- Katherine based with remote community travel
- Have a work/life balance to enjoy the Katherine and surrounding scenic attractions
Are you passionate, adventurous and looking for a new challenge? We want to hear from you!
APPLY TODAY by clicking the “APPLY NOW” link
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Lauren on 08 8982 1011 for further information.Apply Now