- Ongoing opportunities for training and development
- Generous leave entitlements and salary sacrificing options
- Full-time opportunity
Why Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service?
Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation delivering primary and clinical health care services to the Aboriginal people in Katherine and surrounding communities in a style and manner that makes clients feel welcome and comfortable. Services include acute and general care, chronic disease, alcohol and other drugs, social and emotional wellbeing and client support services.
What’s in it for you?
- An exciting opportunity to be pivotal in the ongoing provision of oral health services for our indigenous people
- Work alongside a dedicated chronic disease/multi-disciplinary health service team
- 6 weeks annual leave plus leave loading per annum
- Salary packaging arrangements
- Training and career development opportunities including paid study leave provisions.
What’s the role?
The role of the Dental Assistant will be to work closely with the Dentist Dr Christine May to provide high quality clinical and administrative Dental Assistant services to support all aspects of dental care and procedures for Wurli Clients. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and set-up instruments and materials for all dental procedures daily
- Clean, sterilise, process and maintain dental and office equipment and surfaces according to daily, weekly and monthly schedules
- Maintain adequate stock levels and inform dentist to coordinate re-ordering consumables from suppliers as needed
- Confidently complete reception duties, such as greeting clients, answering phone calls and coordinating appointments as required.
Is this the right role for you?
Not limited to but before you apply, you need to have:
- Completed Cert III/IV in Dental Assisting and have demonstrated 2-3 years full-time equivalent work experience in the role – previous experience in Aboriginal or rural and remote healthcare placements highly desirable – 2 contactable referees required
- Demonstrated confidence and ability to work independently to a consistently high standard in role without continual direct supervision alongside sole dentist
- Natural ability to work cohesively and productively within a team including following established organisational systems and processes and follow instructions
- Proven ability to be punctual, reliable, learn and multi-task.
If you are interested in this opportunity, apply now or give Tom a call on 08 8982 1070 to find out more.
APPLY TODAY by clicking the “Apply for this job” link!
Check out our Careers Page on LinkedIn!