- Opportunity to travel to and service remote communities
- Excellent remuneration and salary sacrifice options
- Relocation and professional development assistance available
Rural Workforce Agency NT are partnering with Healthy Living NT to find a Diabetes Nurse Educator to join their committed and passionate team delivering services in Alice Springs.
Why Healthy Living NT?
Healthy Living NT is committed to working for the interests of people diagnosed with diabetes, heart disease and related chronic conditions living in the Northern Territory and to the provision of high quality services and health promotion to their members and clients. Established in 1980 as the Diabetes Association of the NT Inc., Healthy Living is an independent, member based organisation with a Public Benevolent Institute charity status with the ACNC.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a wonderful Alice Springs lifestyle and a rewarding career, with the opportunity to work in remote communities and utilise your skills and experience, Healthy Living NT offers an excellent range of employment benefits including:
- Excellent salary package of approximately $120,000 to be negotiated with successful candidate
- Salary sacrifice of up to $16,000, as well as meal/entertainment card
- 5 weeks annual leave, plus Christmas shut-down period as extra leave
- Work with a small committed team of health professionals
- Relocation and professional development assistance to eligible candidates
What’s the role?
Working in coordination with a small multidisciplinary team, the successful Diabetes Nurse Educator will provide expert delivery of safe, evidence based clinical care, with effective education, to people with Type 1, Type 2, GDM and IGT diabetes. The role acts as a resource to deliver educational programs to other health professionals and clients, whilst overseeing the identification and development of diabetes educational resources for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their health professionals.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to-
- Providing individual and group education and counselling for people with diabetes, their families or support networks
- Travelling to rural and remote regional areas of the Northern Territory to provide diabetes education in coordination with other medical and allied health staff
- Overseeing the identification and the development of diabetes educational resources
- Liaising with, and referring to, General Practitioners and other health professionals
- Assisting the Cardiac Educator in the delivery of cardiac rehabilitation programs
Is the role right for you?
What will see you thrive in this position is sharing in Healthy Living NTs mission of advocating and representing the interests and concerns of people, and their families, living with diabetes, heart disease and related chronic conditions throughout the Northern Territory.
Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Diabetes Education, with a preference for Credentialed Diabetes Educator status or working towards
- Current AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse
- Demonstrated clinical experience in the delivery of comprehensive diabetes education
- Well-developed understanding of adult education learning principles, presentation skills, stages of behaviour change and group education
- Demonstrated ability to participate in planning, implementing and evaluating education programs, resource development and health promotion activities
What’s it like living in Alice Springs?
Alice Springs is a small town of just 29,000 people located in the Red Centre of Australia, also known as the spiritual heartland of the country. With its dusty red earth, friendly locals and plunging skyline, you’ll not be disappointed by this remote town that punches way above its weight. Alice Springs is a vibrant and sometimes misunderstood town. While you experience the world’s most ancient culture, you’ll also have to dig below the surface to really enjoy the contemporary culture. It also happens to be the gateway to Australia’s remote interior, with easy access to Uluru (just a four-hour drive).
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “Apply for this job” link
Applicants must address the selection criteria in a cover letter and provide a current CV along with contact details for at least 2 referees.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Paul Wallwork on 08 8982 1011 or firstname.lastname@example.org