- Relocation assistance
- Accommodation allowance
- Training and career development opportunities
Wurli is an Aboriginal Community Controlled organisation delivering primary and clinical health care services to the Aboriginal people in Katherine and surrounding communities. Wurli prides itself on delivering a range of health services to the community in a style and manner that makes clients feel welcome and comfortable. Be part of a team that empowers people to take responsibility for their health.
What’s in it for you?
- Nurse level 1
- Salary sacrificing options
- Generous leave entitlements (6 weeks annual leave, 15 days personal leave, 1 week special leave, study leave)
- Relocation assistance and a short term accommodation allowance is available for eligible applicants to help you get settle
- Work in the tropical climate of the Northern Territory
What’s the role?
- Screen patients and treat according to CARPA protocols
- Providing health assessment, diagnosis and treatment services within your scope of practice (respond to health problems presented by our clients)
- Refer patients appropriately to other providers if their needs exceed the range of care within your scope of practice, including referrals to other services within Wurli
- Explain procedures and treatment to clients to gain cooperation and understanding, and allow clients to make informed decisions about their health management
- Accurate and timely entry of client data into Communicare (Health data management system) on a daily basis
Is this role right for you?
- Diploma of Nursing
- Current AHPRA registration
- Minimum of six months clinical exposure
- Current National Police Certificate (no less than 3 months from issue date)
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s Licence
- Current Working with Children’s Clearance (Ochre Card)
What’s it like living in Katherine?
This unique opportunity is in the town of Katherine which is approximately 300km south of Darwin. Katherine is a well-equipped regional town with a shopping centre that features a supermarket and many specialty shops. With a population of around 11,000, the population of the region is just over 24,000 people, of which 60% identify as Indigenous. Katherine is on the edge of Kakadu National Park which is filled with some of the world’s best waterfalls and bush walks. Katherine itself is a region full of gorges and misty waterfalls, hot springs and ancient cultures.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “Apply for this job” link
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Megan on 08 8982 1002.Apply Now