- Competitive Salary $115,032-$123,580
- Subsidized Housing and utility package
- Be part of one of Australia’s largest providers of Aboriginal healthcare
Why Miwatj Health?
Be part of something bigger. Miwatj Health Aboriginal Corporation is one of Australia’s largest providers of Aboriginal health care. Our incredible team provides remote health services and support to more than 10,000 people across East Arnhem Land in the Northern Territory. We empower the Yolngu to take control of their lives and direct their futures – and we need passionate people like you to join our team.
What’s in it for you?
- Salary Package up to $15,900pa plus a further $2,650pa on Meals and Entertainment
- 6 Weeks annual leave + 17.5% leave loading. 12 Days Personal and 5 Days Compassionate Leave
- Miwatj Annual Leave Travel Assistance up to $2,000 plus Fly Out Leave
- Professional development and study leave
- Study Assistance up to $1,800
- Post Graduate Allowance at 2% of Annual Salary
- Full time employees maybe eligible for a Retention Bonus of up to $10,000 (subject to meeting the eligibility criteria)
What’s the role?
- To work in the Acute Care Program in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team to provide high quality and evidence based care.
- Deliver health promotion and education activities, and participate in assigned health programs (i.e., Chronic Disease, Child Health, RHD)
- Provide culturally inclusive health care to the community within agreed procedures and protocols
- Provide high quality emergency care as per the CARPA Standard Treatment and Clinical Procedures manual
- Work towards the achievement of key performance indicator targets, perform cycles of care and health checks across the life span.
- To be the clinical expert and resource person who mentors and develops Aboriginal Health Practitioners, students, and other members of the health team
Is this role right for you?
- Current Registration and annual Practicing Certificate as a Registered Nurse with AHPRA.
- At least 3-5 years post graduate experience with demonstrated advanced clinical skills and competencies applicable to remote area nursing
- Current Remote Emergency Care Course certificate and/or an Advanced Life Support certificate
- Current accredited immunisation certificate recognised in the NT
- Current manual driver’s license
- NT Working with Children’s Check Card
- Current Remote Pharmacotherapeutic certificate or equivalent or working towards.
What’s it like living in East Arnhem Land?
East Arnhem has a spectacular landscape, with rugged coastlines, remote islands and some of the world’s most biodiverse habitats. Residents and visitors to the region are drawn to its beaches, culture, lifestyle and trails. The town of Nhulunbuy, on the Gove Peninsula, is the largest centre in the region.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. Apply today by clicking the “Apply for this job” link.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Megan Dennis on 08 8982 1002 or firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now