- Rewarding opportunity to make a difference
- GP opportunities for Men’s and Women’s health
- Experience chronic and tropical disease not seen in other locations
Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation, an established Aboriginal Medical Service, is looking for passionate individuals who will contribute to help shape the future of primary healthcare in the Barkly Region.
The successful candidates will provide high quality clinical and culturally safe care to the Men’s Clinic (Maakaja-Jja Yawanari-kari) and the Women’s Clinic (Parlpuru Ninji Kari – Health Services Section). You will be able to work within a multidisciplinary team to optimise the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal males and females within a comprehensive primary health care setting.
Being successful in the role, you will be supported by a team of Nurses, Aboriginal Health Practitioners and Practice Management. Working within a team of 3 to 4 GPs, you can maximize your time spent with patients in a well-managed, modern practice, complete with treatment rooms equipped to a high standard and spacious consulting rooms.
Anyinginyi are passionately commitment to ‘Closing the Gap’ in Aboriginal Health within remote Australia. Anyinginyi offers you a chance to experience their rich culture and be a part of this movement where they believe ‘Prevention is the Solution’. You will be able to provide timely intervention in acute medical problems, while identifying and managing chronic conditions with a multidisciplinary approach.
What’s in it for you?
- Full-time permanent role
- Male and female positions
- 38 hours working week with clinic hours 0800 – 1630 Monday to Friday
- No after hours, weekend work or on-calls; spend quality time with your family
- Base salary of $280k per annum plus superannuation
- Salary packaging up to $15,899.94
- 6 weeks annual leave as well as personal/carer’s leave up to 10 days per year
- 4 weeks study and professional development leave with up to $5000 study assistance
- A generous annual performance bonus of $10,000 for the first year and $20,000 from second year onwards
- Accommodation provided for you and family
- Corporate vehicle for work and private use up to 2,500 KM annually
- Up to $5,000 relocation assistance and up to $5,000 repatriation assistance
- Pro-Rata Medical Indemnity Insurance reimbursement
- Twice a year FOIL of two days + $1,000 per occasion ($2,000 pa)
- Access to further employee benefits
- Workforce Incentive Program – Doctor Stream (WIP) – Anyinginyi operates its services in Tennant Creek and the Barkly Region which is classed as a MMM-7 region. Medical Practitioners have access to annual additional Medicare incentive payments of between $25K to $60K for practicing in MMM-7 region
What do you need to apply?
- Medical Practitioner’s Specialist GP Registration with APHRA
- Fellow of RACG or ACCRM
- Ability to obtain an unrestricted Medicare Provider Number
- Demonstrated knowledge, interpersonal skills and ability to communicate sensitively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, values and beliefs
- Understanding of the principles of Primary Health Care, Public Health and Preventative Medicine in regional and remote Australia
- Commitment to function as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent interpersonal communication, planning and organisational skills
- Current manual driver’s license and/or the ability to transfer to a NT License
- Current Police Clearance and NT Ochre Card (Working with Children)
Tennant Creek is in the Barkly region, located 1,000km from Darwin and 500kms from Alice Springs. With a population of around 3,000, Tennant Creek is rich in history and culture with large cattle stations, wayside inns, historic stock routes, gold mining history and the amazing Karlu Karlu/Devils Marbles to explore. The traditional owners of the land are the Warumungu people, and their stories are showcased in the Nyinkka Nyunyu cultural centre.
RWA NT Incentives:
RWA NT may be able to offer support and financial assistance to health professionals who are relocating to the NT or moving within the NT to a greater remoteness area classification for the purposes of employment.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Barbara on 08 8982 1010.
Follow our NT PHN LinkedIn Page!Apply Now