- Flexible working options at family friendly practice
- Relocation and professional development assistance
- Opportunity for Workforce Incentive Program (WIP)
Why Bauhinia Health?
Bauhinia Health strive to deliver exemplary patient services that make a difference to the daily health and wellbeing of Territorians. To achieve this, they know that providing accessible, outcomes-based primary health care is crucial. They are proud to continue to be part of the forward momentum in health care that focusses on, and is centered around the whole-person, or whole-family. This ensures that they are not treating just one aspect of a person but all aspects of an individual’s life – be that personal, family, or community. They have over 60 years combined experience in the delivery of quality, primary healthcare and hold themselves accountable for the delivery of excellent patient service standards.
What’s in it for you?
Working with Bauhinia Health not only offers rewarding career options, but a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Family friendly practice
- Become part of a supportive and dedicated team
- Flexible working options including FIFO opportunities
- 65% of billings
- Relocation assistance
- Opportunity for Workforce Incentive Program (WIP) – Doctor Stream in MM6 and MM7 regions, providing access to annual additional MBS payments of up to $35K in urban and $60K in rural locations
What’s the role?
The GP role delivers best-practice primary health care that not only provides access and equity, but also coordinates health care management and integration with other external providers where necessary, with the result being improved quality of life and wellbeing.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to-
- Being the first point of contact in matters of personal health
- Coordinating the care of patients and referring patients to other specialists
- Caring for patients over a period of their lifetime
- Providing advice and education on health care
- Performing legal processes such as certification of documents or provision of reports in relation to motor transport or work accidents
Is the role right for you?
As the successful GP you will work with a passionate team of health professionals to deliver a broad range of clinical care to the residents of Katherine. Using your previous skills and experience, you will be able to promote good health and wellbeing to your patients as well as developing long-standing working relationships within the Katherine Community.
Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- Current specialist or general registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- 2-5 years Australian experience in general practice, with unrestricted working rights
- CPR or ALS certificate, undertaken within the past three years
- Current Medical Indemnity insurance cover
- Current Police Clearance, Working with Children (Ochre Card) and Driver’s License
- Understanding of issues effecting the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
What’s it like living in Katherine?
Katherine is a modern, thriving regional centre. The population of the region is just over 24,000 people, of which 60% identify as Indigenous. Located 314 km from Darwin and 1180 km from Alice Springs, the town is situated on the banks of the Katherine River. Katherine has a sub-tropical climate, with distinct wet and dry seasons, and temperatures ranging from 25 to 35° C. The Katherine region boasts magnificent Aboriginal rock art, Nitmiluk (Katherine Gorge) National Park, the Cutta Cutta Caves Nature Park and Elsey National Park. Historically, Katherine has always been important. To the local Aborigines, it was the point where the traditional lands of the Dagoman, Jawoyn, and Wardaman met, and consequently, the river and the nearby gorge were popular meeting places.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “APPLY NOW” link
Want to find out more about this opportunity?
Please contact Barbara Hamilton on 08 8982 1010 or Follow our NT PHN LinkedIn page!Apply Now