- Aboriginal Medical Service in an urban location
- Full and part time opportunities
- Excellent opportunity to treat unique tropical disease
Danila Dilba Health Service (DDHS) asre seeking passionate General Practitioners to join their committed teams in their Palmerston and Darwin clinic locations.
The mission of DDHS is to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of its clients through innovative comprehensive primary health care programs that are based on the principles of equity, access, empowerment, community self-determination and inter-sectorial collaboration
The successful General Practitioner will provide a range of culturally appropriate and comprehensive primary health care services, as well as providing a high quality standard of primary health care and preventative public health services to clients of Danila Dilba.
What is in it for you?
- Annual salary of $235,068 to $248,500
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Up to 5k towards Indemnity Insurance and up to 10k towards CPD
- Monday to Friday working hours
- Excellent opportunity to treat unique tropical and chronic disease
- Live and work in a tropical setting, with amazing landscapes to explore
- Eligible to apply for the NT PHN/RWA NT Health Workforce Scholarship Program for post graduate study
- Opportunity to apply for the NT PHN/RWA NT Health Professional Relocation Grant
What’s it like living in the Top End?
Darwin is made up of more than 60 nationalities with a population of approximately 120,500 people. There are many exciting cultural festivals, open air events, cafes, as well as unique food and craft markets that highlight the region’s multicultural mix.
Litchfield and Kakadu National Parks reflect the natural beauty of the NT in the distinctive dry and wet seasons. Both seasons are amazing to experience, with stunning tropical storms and hiking, camping, fishing, swimming and other adventures to be had.
What do you need to apply?
- Specialist General Practitioner AHPRA registration, with a minimum of five years clinical experience
- Fellow of RACGP or ACCRM
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding and respect of the importance of the role of Aboriginal Community Controlled organisations, Aboriginal Health Practitioner and other indigenous staff in Aboriginal Health
- Understanding and awareness of the concepts of Aboriginal self-determination
- Have or willing to undertake MTOP and IUD training
Are you are an experienced GP looking for rewarding personal and career opportunities? We want to hear from you!
Want to know more about this opportunity? Please contact Barbara on 08 8982 1010.
NT PHN/RWA NT may be able to offer support and financial assistance to health professionals who are relocating to the NT or moving within the NT to a greater remoteness area classification for the purposes of employment and further clinical education.Apply Now