- Casual contract ongoing
- Generous remuneration
- Salary sacrificing options
- Enjoy Darwin’s and surrounds amazing landscapes
Family Planning NT (FPWNT) are seeking general practitioners with reproductive and sexual health experience, to join their committed and passionate team.
Why Family Planning NT?
FPWNT was established in 1973 and is a non-profit Australian organisation that aims to promote sexual health and rights for everyone, with clinics located in Coconut Grove and Palmerston.
Supported by the Family Planning Alliance Australia (FPAA), FPWNT offers clients safe and confidential access to reproductive and sexual health services, education and information. FPWNT specialize in contraception, pregnancy options including provision of medical abortions, well women’s health screening and general reproductive and sexual health issues.
What’s in it for you?
- Casual contract ongoing
- Negotiable working hours
- Generous salary offered commensurate with experience
- Salary sacrificing options available
- Work with a dedicated and passionate team
- Utilise your skills and knowledge to make a difference
What’s the role?
Having previous experience sexual and reproductive health, the general practitioner will work with a committed team of health professionals, to improve the sexual and reproductive health and relationship wellbeing in the NT.
Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver reproductive and sexual health services within current FPWNT clinical guidelines
- Collaborate with nursing and administration staff to ensure effective and timely provision of services to clients, including follow-up
- Participate in quality assurance activities to develop practices consistent with FPWNT policy
- Maintain and share current professional knowledge and skills by participating in education and training programs and attending FPWNT clinic meetings
- Actively participate in the theoretical and clinical component of courses run at FPWNT, including the supervision of clinical trainees
- Have an awareness of current Medicare billing procedures
Is the role right for you?
Bringing your experience in sexual and reproductive health, will see you hit the ground running to deliver excellent clinical care.
- Current registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Fellow of the RACGP or ACRRM or a minimum of five years’ experience in General Practice
- FPAA National Certificate in reproductive and sexual health for Doctor or equivalent or willingness to undertake within the first three months
- MS2-Step Prescriber (Family Planning is a pro-choice medical abortion provider and provide medical abortion care)
- Competence in contraceptive implant (implanon) and IUD insertion and removal or willingness to undertake training
- Excellent communication and team work skills
- Current CPR Certificate
- Current Police records clearance and NT Ochre Card (WWC)
- Current medical indemnity insurance
What’s it like living in Darwin?
The greater Darwin area has a population of approximately 120,500 people, with a multicultural mix highlighted by many exciting cultural festivals and weekly food and craft markets.
There are plenty of activities to keep you entertained including the Deckchair Cinema, sailing, museums and shopping centres as well as being nearby Litchfield National Park for great camping and swimming. The region has a tropical climate with a distinctive dry and wet season.
If this sounds like this is the role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “APPLY NOW” link
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Barbara on 08 8982 1010.
Follow our NT PHN LinkedIn page!Apply Now