- Flexible fly in fly out options/ job share/and or live in Community
- Opportunity to live and work in a remote community in East Arnhem Land
- Rewarding experience both professionally and personally
Why Miwatj Health?
Miwatj Health’s mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of residents of the communities of East Arnhem Land through the delivery of appropriate and comprehensive primary health care and to promote the control by Aboriginal communities of primary health care resources.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive base salary of $280,000 with total salary package of $448,055 per annum
- Salary packaging as a not for profit organisation
- 6 weeks annual leave as well as flexible leave up to 75 hours per year
- 4 weeks study and professional development leave with up to $5k study assistance
- Free accommodation.
- Up to $10k relocation assistance and up to $15k repatriation assistance.
- $5k PI Insurance and travel allowance of up to $2,035 per annum for leave
- Three return flights from community to Darwin pa
What’s the role?
To provide excellent medical services to the population served by Miwatj Health. Managing acute and chronic conditions will be both rewarding, challenging and a life-changing experience.
Being able to experience health conditions, not seen elsewhere, will expand your clinical, cultural knowledge and existing skills.
- Active participation in the daily clinical and health promotional routines
- Manage referrals of patients from other members of the health team
- Review and follow-up of patients with on-going conditions
- Participate in rostered clinics and outreach services such as, Chronic Conditions and Child Health
Is this the right role for you?
Before you apply, we need you to have:
- Medical Practitioner’s Specialist GP Registration with AHPRA
- Fellow of RACGP or ACCRM
- Extensive experience in General Practice
- Understanding of issues affecting the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in contemporary society
NT PHN/RWA NT may be able to offer support and financial assistance to health professionals who are relocating to the NT or moving within the NT to a greater remoteness area classification for the purposes of employment. For further information regarding these opportunities, contact the recruitment and retention team.
For more information, please contact Barbara on 08 8982 1010.Apply Now