Why Anyinginyi Health?
Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation (AHAC) is a multi-disciplinary organisation which provides primary health care services to the Aboriginal people of Tennant Creek and the surrounding Barkly region, dedicated to ‘Closing the Gap’ in Aboriginal health within remote Australia. Anyinginyi has a holistic approach to health ensuring that clients’ physical and emotional health and wellbeing is given the utmost priority.
What’s in it for you?
Working with Anyinginyi Health not only offers rewarding career options in a dynamic workplace, but a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Salary of $96, 860 – $103,490 p/a + 6 weeks annual leave
- Generous salary packaging of $15,899.94 p/a
- Free gym membership & free general dentistry
- Professional development incentive: Allowance of $1,300p/a
- Subsidised Accommodation: Available for candidates outside the Barkly Region.
- Remote retention allowance of $750 and relocation assistance up to $5,000 to help you get settled into town!
What’s the role?
The General Registered Nurse – Remote Health’s main role is to address health care needs for Aboriginal people living in Anyinginyi’s four remote community service delivery areas (Wogyala, Corella Creek, Mungkarta and Nuramin).
Responsibilities include, but not limited to-
- Triage and support Aboriginal and Torres strait Islander clients in remote communities appropriately and respond promptly to all emergency health care needs.
- Conduct opportunistic and scheduled health assessments, immunisations, and treatment of clients as per CARPA guidelines and as is within the scope of practice.
- Maintain high quality of practice knowledge, skills, and expertise through active participation in professional development including current registration with AHPRA, meeting the continuing professional development standards set by AHPRA, and meeting any other Mandatory Registration Standards.
- Provide health screening for clients and families including but not limited to routine clinic observations and comprehensive health screening.
- Participate in dealing with issues affecting the social and emotional wellbeing of the community in line and associated with Women’s health activities.
- Deliver health education and health promotion.
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders and service providers in the Barkly Region with a focus on adopting a holistic approach to ensure agencies are working together to address the key responsibilities of this position.
- Visit remote communities as required and as negotiated with the Clinical Services Manager or anyone acting in their capacity.
Is the role right for you?
To be considered for this position, you must be a Registered Nurse with current AHPRA Registration and acquire clinical skills and experience needed to work competently in remote areas.
Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- Current registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- Evidenced understanding of the Primary Health Care system and key issues relevant to closing the gap in health outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Ability to communicate sensitively and culturally appropriate to support the delivery of programs and services.
- Current certification to give vaccines in the Northern Territory or ability to achieve this.
- Experience, skills and knowledge in multidisciplinary teamwork and conflict management.
- Experience working with an Aboriginal organisation or communities will be highly regarded but is not essential, provided you are able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the issues pertaining to Aboriginal Primary Health Care and the social determinants of health in our surrounding communities.
What’s it like living in Tennant Creek?
Year-round blue skies, stunning landscapes, and vibrant, diverse, and warm communities – that’s life in the Northern Territory! Only a short flight from most Australian cities, Tennant Creek is not just a must-see destination renowned for its individual identity and rich cultural heritage but is a remarkable community to set up home in! As a small regional centre, Tennant Creek does not have the facilities one would find in larger country towns like Katherine or Alice Springs however it does provide for all the basics that most people require, and several tourist attractions within easy reach like the beautiful Lake Mary Ann.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “APPLY NOW” link
Applicants must address the selection criteria in a cover letter and provide a current CV along with contact details for at least 2 referees.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Lauren Golotta on 08 8982 1011 orApply Now