- Male and female GP locum opportunities
- $1500 per day
- Amazing landscapes to explore
- Remote Barkly Region
Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation are seeking male and female GP Locums to provide locum services in men’s health and women’s health to the Tennant Creek community.
- $1500 per day
- $1000 placement bonus for working 20 days
- One off $400 travel bonus if traveling outside placement dates
- All travel, accommodation and vehicle provided
- 29 November 2021 to mid-December 2021
- 3-4 weeks placements minimum
Transport and accommodation
- All transport from the nearest major airport to and from a location is arranged by NT PHN
- Accommodation and vehicle will be provided by the health service
Eligibility to apply
- Must have current non-restricted specialist registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and fellowship of RACGP or ACRRM
- Experience in an AMS location preferred, but not mandatory
- Knowledge in Communicare desired, but training will be provided
Defibrillator, IV cannulas, slit lamp, laryngoscope, ET tubes, point of care HbA1c testing, ostra-osseous needle, ACR testing, tympanic thermometer, orthopaedic plaster or fibreglass, and paediatric and baby ventilation masks.
Patient record systems:
- This clinic uses Communicare and orientation will be provided
Anyinginyi Health is located in Tennant Creek approximately 700km south of Katherine and 500km north of Alice Springs. Tennant Creek has a population of just over 3100 people, with 1100 people identifying as Indigenous.
Popular tourist attractions include Lake Mary Anne Dam located 5km north of Tennant Creek which has water in it year-round, Battery Hill Mining Centre, Nyinkka Nyunyu Cultural Centre, the Devil’s Marbles 100km south of Tennant Creek and Wycliffe Well the UFO capital of Australia located 130km south of Tennant Creek. There are also plenty of walking and cycling trails, camping and fishing spots, and 4WD tracks.
For more information about this excellent opportunity, contact Barbara on 08 8982 1010.
NT PHN also have permanent opportunities available in Aboriginal Medical Services and Private Practices across the NT.
Please visit our NT PHN website to see how to make your Territory Locum experience into your own permanent adventure!
Check out our Careers Page on LinkedInApply Now