- Work in the Red Centre of Australia!
- $1200 Daily rate
- May to August 2022 dates available
- Holistic and culturally-appropriate primary health care
Central Australian Aboriginal Congress (Congress) provides support and advocacy for Aboriginal people in the struggle for justice and equity. Congress has expanded to become the largest Aboriginal community-controlled health organisation in the Northern Territory, providing a comprehensive, holistic and culturally-appropriate primary health care service to Aboriginal people living in and nearby Alice Springs, including five remote communities.
Gap Road is Congress’s main town clinic. In this locum opportunity you will work within a multidisciplinary team practicing interesting and complex medicine. With substantial supports and collegiate networks available including visiting specialists, this role is integral to ensuring cultural integrity and high standards of clinical care.
Clinic Opening Hours:
- Monday – Friday 8.30 am – 5 pm
- $1200 per day
- No on call, public holidays or weekend work
- May to August 2022 dates availble
Transport and Accommodation:
- All transport from the nearest major airport to and from a location is arranged by NT PHN/RWA NT
- Accommodation and vehicle will be provided by the health service
Patient Record System:
- This clinic uses Communicare
- Orientation will be provided if required
Eligibility to Apply:
- Must have current non-restricted registration by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and general practice specialisation is essential
- Previous experience working in Indigenous health preferred
‘The Alice’ is the second largest town in the Territory with more than 25,000 people calling it home. The town has all the amenities one needs, with shopping malls, schools and recreational activities available.
Famously known for Uluru, the Red Centre region of Central Australia is a desert environment with mainly dry hot summers and cool dry winters. The area draws tourist interest due to the town of Alice Springs and the impressive natural attractions in the area such as Palm Valley National Park, the West MacDonnell Ranges, the Finke Gorge and popular events such as the Camel Cup.
For a confidential discussion about this excellent opportunity, please contact Barbara on 08 8982 1010.
NT PHN also have permanent opportunities available in Private Practices and Aboriginal Medical Services across the NT. Please visit our NT PHN website to see how to make your Territory Locum experience into your own permanent adventure!Apply Now