- $1400 Per day
- Aboriginal Community Controlled Health service
- Dates from 3 January 2022 – 13 May 2022
Katherine West Health Board are currently seeking an experienced general practitioner locum to work at their Timber Creek clinic. Currently working at the clinic is one GP, a practice manager, receptionist, five registered nurses, and two community support workers.
Timber Creek is located approx 300km west of Katherine along the Victoria Highway. This double lane sealed road is well maintained. Greyhound buses pass through each day (both ways). Timber Creek is nestled in the Victoria River valley escarpment country at the upper limit of the tidal influence. It is one of two public access points to the Victoria River, the other being the Vic River Roadhouse 92km east. Timber Creek lies at the central point on the Victoria Highway between Katherine and Kununurra. The trip from Katherine to Timber Creek takes about three hours.
Population of the Timber Creek area is approx. 650 – 700. During the tourist season there can be an additional 250 people each night within a 12 mile radius of Timber Creek.
Clinic Opening Hours
- 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday
- The GP Locum will not be required to do any on call work or call out
- $1400 per day
- 3 January 2022 – 13 May 2022
- 3-4 weeks minimum with14 days quarantine if required.
Transport and Accommodation
- All transport from the nearest major airport to and from your location is arranged by NT PHN
- Accommodation and vehicle will be provided while on placement by the health service
- The vehicle will be available for use outside of work hours
- A manual license and four-wheel drive skills will be required
- Must have current non restricted registration by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and General Practice Specialisation is essential
- Previous experience working in remote and Indigenous health
For further information please call Barbara on 08 8982 1010Apply Now