- Dates from 3 January 2022 – 13 May 2022
- $1400 per day
- Aboriginal Community Controlled Health service
Katherine West Health Board are currently seeking an experienced GP Locum for their Yarralin Clinic. Currently working at the clinic is one GP, a practice manager, receptionist, five registered nurses, and two community support workers.
Yarralin, also known as Walangeri, is an Aboriginal community located 382 Km. South-West of Katherine. It is 16km west of the Victoria River Downs cattle station on the banks of the Wickham River and serves as the primary clinic for the 100 or so workers at the station. In close proximity are the Victoria and Humbert rivers, the Gregory National Park and the spectacular Jasper Gorge
Population of the Yarralin/Bunbidee Local Government area is approx. 350. Major language groups of Yarralin community are Ngaringman, Gurindji, Bilinara and Mudburra, with access to the community is by permit only.
Yarralin community is serviced by a primary school, a crèche, a mechanic, a women’s centre and a good quality general store. There is also a good quality limestone airstrip adjacent to Yarralin Community.
Yarralin Health Centre also services the very large cattle station, Victoria River Downs. The Victoria River Station is located approximately 360 km south west of Katherine. 125 km from Timber Creek and is serviced from Yarralin, 25 km away.
Clinic Opening Hours
- 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday
- The GP Locum will not be required to do any on call work or call out.
- $1400 per day
- 3 January 2022 – 13 May 2022
- 3 weeks minimum with 14 days quarantine if required
Transport and Accommodation
- All transport from the nearest major airport to and from your location is arranged by NT PHN
- Accommodation and vehicle will be provided while on placement by the health service
- The vehicle will be available for use outside of work hours
- A manual license and four-wheel drive skills will be required
- Must have current non restricted registration by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and General Practice Specialisation is essential
- Previous experience working in remote and Indigenous health
For further information please contact Barbara on 08 8982 1010Apply Now