- Urgent dates 18 July to 29 July 2022
- Minimum 2 week placement
- Daily locum rate of $1300
- $400 travel bonus
- Beautiful East Arnhem Land location
Why Marthakal Homelands Health Service?
Marthakal Homelands Health Service (MHHS) are currently seeking experienced GP Locums for their Galiwin’ku Health Clinic.
Based on Elcho Island in Galiwin’ku township, Marthakal Homelands Health Service is a mobile health service that covers 15,000 square kilometers in remote East Arnhem Land.
The MHHS is administered from Galiwin’ku on Elcho Island and includes homelands on Elcho Islands as well as the mainland of Australia. There are 27 homelands in the Marthakal Homelands region.
There are currently 12 homelands that are regularly provided with health care by the MHHS mobile health service. Four of these are on the mainland and are accessed by plane: Maparu, Matamata, Nyinyikay and Rorruwuy.
The other 8 homelands are either close homelands (Dhambala, Galawarra, Ngayawilli, Dhayiri) or further up the island (Banthula, Djurranalpi, Gawa, Gulumarri) and are accessed by 4WD. Maparu is the largest homeland and is visited weekly. Many of the homelands are inaccessible during the Wet Season.
What’s in it for you?
- $1300 per day
- One off $400 travel bonus if traveling outside placement dates
- All travel, accommodation and vehicle provided
- Urgent 18 July to 29 July 2022
Clinic Opening Hours
- 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday
- No on-call work/public holidays
Transport and Accommodation
- All transport from the nearest major airport to and from your location is arranged by NT PHN (conditions apply)
- Accommodation will be provided while on placement by the health service
Patient Record System
- This clinic uses Communicare
- Orientation will be provided
Eligibility to Apply
- Must have current non-restricted specialist registration by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Fellow of RACGP or ACCRM
- ALS or BLS, Immunisation certificate and current CPD points
- Current Police Clearance
- Current Working with Children Clearance (Ochre Card)
- Ability to travel in light aircraft
- Manual drivers licence required for 4WD travel
What’s it like living in Galiwin’ku (Elcho Island)?
The advantages of living and working in remote East Arnhem Land are varied and interesting and provide a pathway to develop skills in chronic disease, tropical medicine, Aboriginal health and rural health, that could not be experienced in other regions of Australia.
You are able to enhance your emergency medicine skills, whilst contributing to improved health outcomes for the Marthakal Homelands region. The challenges are as diverse as the landscape, but the opportunities to achieve your professional and lifestyle goals are immense.
For a confidential discussion about this excellent opportunity, please contact Barbara on 08 8982 1010.
NT PHN also have permanent opportunities available in Private Practices and Aboriginal Medical Services across the NT. Please visit our NT PHN website to see how to make your Territory Locum experience into your own permanent adventure!Apply Now