- $1400 per day
- Tropical East Arnhem Land
- Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service
Miwatj Health Aboriginal Corporation are currently seeking an experienced GP locum to provide clinical services for the residents in the community. The Malmaldharra Clinic is an integral part of the community and the service is a community led initiative by and for the Yolgnu people. The majority of the Health staff are local indigenous people and they are always happy to assist and advise in the provision and appropriate care.
- 1 November 2021 to 4 February 2022
Clinic Opening Hours
- 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday
- No on call work/public holidays
Transport and Accommodation
- All transport from the nearest major airport to and from your location is arranged by NT PHN
- Accommodation and vehicle will be provided while on placement by the health service
Patient Record System
- This clinic uses Communicare
Eligibility to Apply
- Must have current non-restricted registration by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and general practice specialisation is essential
- Fellow of RACGP or ACCRM
Miingimbi is located in north east Arnhem Land where the Gulf of Carpentaria meets the Arafura Sea. The climate in Arnhem Land is tropical, with two distinct seasons: the wet and the dry. The area is great for fishing and it is argued that this area offers some of the best fishing and oldest Aboriginal rock art in the world.
For a confidential discussion about this excellent opportunity, please contact Barbara on 08 8982 1010.
NT PHN also have permanent opportunities available in Private Practices and Aboriginal Medical Services across the NT. Please visit our NT PHN website to see how to make your Territory Locum experience into your own permanent adventure!
Check out our Careers Page on LinkedIn!Apply Now