- Aboriginal Health Service
- Amazing location in Arnhem land
- Daily rate $1650
- “Try Before You Buy” Locum to permanent placement
- Dates available from 13th March to 29th December 2023
Miwatj Health is currently seeking an experienced specialist general practitioner locum for their Ramingining Health Centre. This is also a permanent opportunity and a great opportunity to explore the role with a “Try Before You Buy” Locum placement.
Miwatj Health’s mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of residents of the communities of East Arnhem Land through the delivery of appropriate and comprehensive primary health care and to promote the control by Aboriginal communities of primary health care resources.
- $1650 per day
About the Clinic
This is a solo GP clinic, with one clinic manager, two registered nurses, one Aboriginal health worker, one Aboriginal community worker, one administration officer and two drivers/cleaners.
- Dates available from March 2023 to December 2023
- 3 – 4 week placements
- Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm
- Locum is not required to work weekends, public holidays or provide on-call or call out services
Transport and accommodation:
- All transport from the nearest major airport to and from your location is arranged by NT PHN (conditions apply)
- Miwatj provide accommodation with all necessities required
- Once in community a free standing house or single occupancy demountable will be provided by the health service
- Facilities in the accommodation include a microwave, fridge, oven and stove, washing machine and air-conditioner
Patient record system:
- This clinic uses Communicare
- Prior experience with Communicare desired, but orientation provided
Eligibility to apply
- Current non-restricted specialist registration by the Australian Health Practitioner Agency (AHPRA)
- Fellow of RACGP or ACCRM
- Previous experience working in Indigenous health is essential
Ramingining is an idyllic and culturally rich Indigenous community located 550 kilometres east of Darwin in the North East Arnhem region. Home to many outstanding artists and musicians, the population of Ramingining is approximately 800, including smaller outstations.
Recreational facilities in Ramingining include a basketball court, football oval, local swimming holes (no swimming due to crocodiles), fishing, walking trails, 4WD tracks, camping spots and a billabong located 15 kilometres out of town with lots of wildlife. Telstra 3G phone and internet coverage is available.
For more information about this excellent opportunity, please contact Bonita on 08 8982 1096.Apply Now