- Does the thought of travelling to Remote Communities to deliver health care excite you?
- Would you consider a short Sea Change or a Desert Experience?
- Do you have at least two weeks to discover what’s so amazing about the NT?
Come and experience rewards you’ve never dreamed of, where you can experience the excitement the arrival of a GP into Community brings!
Northern Territory PHN (NT PHN)/Rural Workforce NT (RWA NT) provides professional support to GPs, practices and health services through a number of programs, one of which is the GP Locum Program.
Our Locum Program is seen as one of the most important services in place to support incumbent GPs in rural and remote areas across the Northern Territory. It is primarily run to support resident GP positions annual and study leave, but it also assists clinics that do not have a current resident GP.
What are the benefits for you?
- Payment of $1200 to $1500 per day plus GST if registered
- $1000 placement bonus for working at least 20 days
- One off travel bonus of $400 for travel outside placement dates
- $400 payment for public holidays not worked
- All travel and accommodation provided
- Placement lengths – 2 to 12 weeks
- Amazing landscapes to explore and so many memorable experiences to share
Where can you go?
Working as a GP locum in the NT is varied, interesting and challenging. The rewards are great and there are opportunities to really make a difference.
We currently have diverse Locum opportunities across the following regions:
- Central Australia
- Barkly Region
- East Arnhem Land
- West Arnhem Land
- Top End Region
What do you need to apply?
- Current non-restricted registration by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and general practice specialisation is essential
- Fellowship of the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (FACRRM) or Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP)
- Indigenous health expereince highly regarded
What kind of clinical experience is desirable in a new GP locum?
- Minimum of two years’ general practice experience
- Previous experience with Aboriginal health
- Communicare and PCIS software experience (Orientation will be provided)
- Experience in chronic disease (Diabetes, Rheumatic heart disease, Kidney disease)
- Skills in emergency medicine, trauma and life support
- Procedural skills in obstetrics, anesthetics
- 4WD and light aircraft travel experience
- It’s ok if you don’t have everything on this list, as you will work with passionate teams and compliment each other’s skills!
If you have not worked as a general practitioner in the NT before, orientation supports may be provided including Aboriginal cultural awareness training and locally relevant medical resources.
If you are a registered GP locum, but haven’t worked in the NT recently, come back, we miss you!
NT PHN also have permanent opportunities available in Private Practices and Aboriginal Medical Services across the NT. Successful candidates may be eligible to apply for financial supports for relocation to the NT and further clinical education.
Please visit our NT PHN website and see how to make your Territory Locum experience, into your own permanent adventure!
For further information about the current locum opportunities, please contact Barbara on (08) 8982 1010.Apply Now