- Daily rates between $1200 – $1500
- No better time then now to Locum in the Northern Territory
- Experience the relaxed NT lifestyle and the varied work on offer
The Northern Territory PHN (NT PHN) provides professional support to GPs, practices and health services through a number of programs, one of which is the GP Locum Program. Our Locum Program is seen as one of the most important services in place to support incumbent GPs in rural and remote areas across the Northern Territory. It is primarily run to support resident GP positions annual and study leave, but it also assists clinics that do not have a current resident GP.
Working as a GP locum in the NT is varied, interesting and challenging. The rewards are great and there are opportunities to really make a difference. We currently have diverse Locum opportunities across the following regions,
- East Arnhem Land
- West Arnhem Land
- Central Australia
- Barkley Region
- Top End region
The Locum Program conditions include:
- Payment of $1200 to $1500 per day plus GST if registered. This is dependent on the Health Service you complete placement with
- All travel and accommodation are provided at no cost to locum
- NT PHN organise all travel, assist with provider numbers and any other paperwork required before starting with the health service
- The minimum placement length is two weeks, up to 3 months
- Potential for a $1000 placement bonus and travel allowances
Eligibility to apply
To be eligible, you will require the following as a minimum to begin registration
- Fellowship of the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (FACRRM) or Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP)
- Must have current non-restricted registration by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and general practice specialisation is essential
- COVID double vaccination record
- COVID training module certificate
- COVID test required if coming from interstate
It is also highly desirable but not essential that new GP locums have:
- Minimum of five years’ general practice experience
- Previous experience with Aboriginal health
- Skills in emergency medicine, trauma and life support
- Procedural skills for example obstetrics, anesthetics
If you have not worked as a general practitioner in the NT before, some orientation supports may be provided including Aboriginal cultural awareness training and locally relevant medical resources. If you have worked in the NT as a GP locum previously, we welcome you back!
If you are interested in working as a GP locum in the Northern Territory or would like further information, please do not hesitate to contact Barbara on (08) 8982 1010.
NT PHN also have permanent opportunities available in Private Practices and Aboriginal Medical Services across the NT. Please visit our NT PHN website to see how to make your Territory Locum experience into your own permanent adventure!
Follow our NT PHN LinkedIn page!Apply Now