- Remote Aboriginal Community Health Service
- Dates from 3 January 2022 – 1 April 2022
- $1400 per day
- 2-4 week placements
Katherine West Health Board are currently seeking experienced GP Locums for their Yarralin and Timber Creek Clinics in the Katherine region.
Yarralin Health Centre also services the very large cattle station, Victoria River Downs. The Victoria River Station is located approximately 360 km south west of Katherine. 125 km from Timber Creek and is serviced from Yarralin, 25 km away. Currently working at Yarralin clinic is one GP, a practice manager, receptionist, five registered nurses, and two community support workers.
Timber Creek is located approx 300km west of Katherine along the Victoria Highway. This double lane sealed road is well maintained. Greyhound buses pass through each day (both ways). Timber Creek is nestled in the Victoria River valley escarpment country at the upper limit of the tidal influence. Currently working at Timber Creek Clinic is one GP, a practice manager, receptionist, five registered nurses, and two community support workers.
Clinic Opening Hours
- 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday
- The GP Locum will not be required to do any on call work or call out
- $1400 per day
- 3 January 2022 – 1 April 2022
- 3-4 weeks minimum for new NT PHN GP locums
- 2 weeks minimum for returning GP locums
Transport and Accommodation
- All transport from the nearest major airport to and from your location is arranged by NT PHN
- Accommodation and vehicle will be provided while on placement by the health service
- The vehicle will be available for use outside of work hours
- A manual license and four-wheel drive skills will be required
- Must have current non restricted registration by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and General Practice Specialisation is essential
- Previous experience working in remote and Indigenous health
- COVID double vaccination record
- COVID training modules certificate
- COVID test with negative result required prior to arrival in Katherine, if coming from interstate
For further information please call Barbara on 08 8982 1010.
NT PHN also have permanent opportunities available in Aboriginal Medical Services and Private Practices across the NT.
Please visit our NT PHN website to see how to make your Territory Locum experience into your own permanent adventure!Apply Now