- Full time – ongoing role
- Base salary $118,100 – $123,100 pro rata plus benefits
- Participate in an on call 24-hour roster
Red Lily Health Board are seeking an N5 Health Centre Manager to join their team at Warruwi Health Centre.
Why Red Lily Health Board?
Red Lily Health Board is a new Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service that offers you the chance of sharing in the development of a true community-focussed health service. Warruwi Health Centre is the second of four West Arnhem community centres that will transfer to the management of Red Lily Health Service. Warruwi is the main township on South Goulburn Island, approximately 300km east of Darwin at the eastern base of the Cobourg Peninsula. The community population is approximately 500 people.
What’s in it for you?
Working with Red Lily Health Board not only offers rewarding career options in a dynamic workplace, but a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Full time – ongoing role
- Base salary $118,100 to $123,100
- 6 weeks leave
- Salary sacrifice and housing
- Relocation grants, and bursary and scholarship assistance to eligible candidates
What’s the role?
Lead and coordinate a multidisciplinary remote primary health care team, manage health systems & team members, treat illness, promote wellbeing, provide education & training, and encourage community health action in order to contribute to better health outcomes for the people in West Arnhem.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to-
- Coordinating and promoting health programs and local Health Centre team to provide & promote a comprehensive Primary Health Care (PHC) service utilising a multidisciplinary approach
- Ensuring all documentation, records and health information systems are maintained to ensure continuity of care
- Facilitating and providing culturally acceptable health education supporting a community participative approach to local level decision-making
- Promoting and supporting Aboriginal Health Practitioners (AHPs) to be first line providers of healthcare in the community to facilitate the delivery of culturally appropriate health care
- Participating in the development, implementation, and review of the Organisational plan
Is the role right for you?
The position will be part of the Red Lily Clinical Services team that provides primary health care in the West Arnhem region (including homelands). Coordination with other communities and teams within Red Lily and beyond will be necessary to ensure that the communities receive high quality services and achieve optimal outcomes.
Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency as a general registered nurse and relevant post basic qualification
- Extensive experience and demonstrated skills in Remote Area Nursing with an understanding of all roles within a multidisciplinary primary health care team model in Australian indigenous communities
- An ability to interact effectively with people of different cultures with a demonstrated understanding of issues affecting Aboriginal health such as cultural issues, cultural safety and determinants issues
- Knowledge and experience in implementation of Primary Health Care programs and relevant legislation governing work practice in the remote setting
- Hold, or eligible for, an NT manual drivers licence, Police Clearance Certificate, Ochre Card, and willingness to travel by air and 4WD to remote communities, and participate in an on call 24 hour roster
What’s it like living in Warruwi?
Warruwi is the main Aboriginal settlement on South Goulburn Island and has a school, health clinic, Creche, convenience store, arts centre and airport. FlyTiwi run a daily passenger service to Darwin and there is a weekly barge service from Darwin for freight. The traditional language of the island is Mawng, with people speaking other languages including Kunbarlang, Kunwinjku, Djambarrpuyngu, Galpu and English. English is typically people’s second or third language. The island has a stunning mix of natural landscapes including pristine beaches, rocky outcrops and sweeping marshlands, harbouring an abundance of wildlife such as crocodiles, fish, dugongs, turtles, oysters, crayfish, mud crabs and stingrays.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “Apply for this job” link
Applicants must address the selection criteria in a cover letter and provide a current CV along with contact details for at least 2 referees.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Paul Wallwork on 08 8982 1011 or firstname.lastname@example.org