- Base salary up to $123,100 + benefits
- Office in Darwin
- Relocation Assistance
Why Red Lily Health?
The Red Lily Health Board Aboriginal Corporation (RLHB) aims to empower Aboriginal people in the West Arnhem region and address health issues in the community by providing leadership with the long-term vision of establishing a regional Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service. Work in a dynamic cultural environment that adds interest and satisfaction to the important work that nurses already do. Cultural induction and awareness training is something that Red Lily provide to both Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal health staff to ensure the best chance of success in improving health outcomes for West Arnhem communities.
What’s in it for you?
- Base Salary up to $123,100 + Super
- 6 weeks of leave + additional leave accruals (Including 3 days of Christmas Leave)
- Salary Sacrifice for up to $15,900 per year
- Great supportive working environment
- Office in Darwin – servicing West Arnhem region, Northern Territory
What’s the role?
- Role is based in Darwin with regural travel to Red Lily Managed Health Centres in Warruwi, Minjilang, Jabiru and soon Gunbalanya
- Co-ordinate and promote health programs across the region to provide & promote a comprehensive Primary Health Care (PHC) service utilising a multidisciplinary approach
- Ensure all documentation, records and health information systems are maintained to ensure continuity of care
- Facilitate and provide culturally acceptable health education supporting a community participative approach to local level decision-making
- Promote and support Aboriginal Health Practitioners (AHPs) to be first line providers of health care in the community to facilitate the delivery of culturally appropriate health care
- Participate in the development, implementation, and review of the Organisational plan
- Participate in and encourage education and professional development of self, team members and learners
Is this the right role for you?
- Eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency as a general registered nurse and relevant post basic qualification
- Extensive experience and demonstrated skills in Remote Area Nursing with an understanding of all roles within a multidisciplinary primary health care team model in Australian indigenous communities
- An ability to interact effectively with people of different cultures with a demonstrated understanding of issues affecting Aboriginal health: cultural issues; cultural safety and determinants issues
- Knowledge and experience in implementation of Primary Health Care programs and relevant legislation governing work practice in the remote setting
- Hold (or eligible for) an NT manual drivers licence, Police Clearance Certificate, Ochre Card, Land Council work permit and willingness to travel by air and 4WD to remote communities, preparedness to relieve other nursing positions by arrangement
What’s it like living in Darwin?
Darwin is a vibrant and multicultural city that is home to more than 100 nationalities, which is evident in its culture and food. Here in The Territory, we enjoy an enviable laidback lifestyle with amazing weather, excellent career opportunities, short commutes, spectacular displays of outback starry skies, and colourful tropical sunsets with friendly and inclusive people. The Northern Territory has two distinctive climate zones. Nothing is ever very far away. Darwin CBD is only a 15-minute drive from the Darwin International Airport and major shopping centre Casuarina. A further 25-minute drive will see you amongst mango farms, rural properties and bushland. The northern end, including Darwin, has a tropical climate with high humidity and two seasons, the wet (October to April) and dry season (May to September). During the dry season nearly, every day is warm and sunny.
If you are interested in this opportunity, apply now, or to find out more give Megan Dennis a call on 08 8982 1002 or email@example.com
Apply Today by clicking the “Apply for this job” linkApply Now