- Ongoing opportunities for training and development
- Generous leave entitlements and salary sacrificing options
- Full time opportunity
Why Wurli Wurlinjang Aboriginal Health Service?
Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation delivering primary and clinical health care services to the Aboriginal people in Katherine and surrounding communities. Wurli prides itself on delivering a range of health and wellbeing services to the community in a style and manner that makes clients feel welcome and comfortable.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive annual salary
- 6 weeks annual leave plus leave loading
- Training and career development opportunities including study leave provisions
- Salary packaging arrangements
- Continuous CPD opportunities
What’s the role?
The Tackling Indigenous Smoking Addiction Counsellor will be required to work collaboratively across the Primary Health Care and Community Services sectors of the business to provide effective harm reduction, cessation and education regarding tobacco use to the people of Katherine and surrounding area. This role will be responsible for providing a culturally sensitive approach and assistance to Wurli clients in order to improve their social and emotional wellbeing. Key components of the role are to provide culturally safe therapeutic counselling to assist individuals in ceasing smoking and addressing other complex physical, social and emotional issues.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to-
- Provide culturally appropriate counselling / therapeutic services to assess for, and manage appropriately, the client’s needs.
- Actively participate and, as required, facilitate group activities / events and education sessions.
- Provide information with respect to trends, needs and matter of relevance to the effective and appropriate delivery of service to clients.
- Maintain professional networks that allows for good service delivery and continuity of care for patients.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of client service delivery, and complete reporting requirements, in accordance with the standards, timeframe and requirement of the program.
Is the role right for you?
Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- A Diploma of Counselling or equivalent tertiary qualification.
- Previous experience with Smoking Cessation Counselling.
- Sound knowledge of Health Promotions and or Public Health.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of indigenous societies and culture, including issues effecting indigenous people in contemporary Australian Society and knowledge of Katherine and surrounding communities.
- A high level of communication skills and a demonstrated willingness and ability to represent the organisation externally, including managing and developing essential stakeholder relationships and partnerships.
- National Police Records Check, Working with Children’s Clearance and current Northern Territory Driver’s Licence.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “APPLY NOW” link
Applicants must address the selection criteria in a cover letter and provide a current CV along with contact details for at least 2 referees.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Tom Richmond on 08 8982 1070 orApply Now