- Full time opportunity
- Salary $94,498 – $100,965 per annum
- Community based organisation – make a genuine difference to the community!
Provide assessment, screening, support, advice and referral services to vulnerable and at risk mothers, families and carer’s with enrolled children to the age of three years old, living in Tennant Creek and surrounding communities.
Why Anyinginyi Health?
Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation provides culturally responsive primary health care services that are client centred and contribute to improving the health of the Aboriginal community of Tennant Creek and the Barkly region. Anyinginyi Health remains focussed on their central objective; that is to relieve the poverty, sickness, disempowerment, serious social and economic disadvantage, and dysfunction that affects the Aboriginal population of the region. The Anyinginyi service delivery area totals almost 150,000 square km. It stretches north of Tennant Creek to Elliott, eastward almost to the Queensland border and south to Ali Curung. Services are provided to over 7500 people.
What’s in it for you?
Working with Anyinginyi Health not only offers rewarding career options in a dynamic workplace, but a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Salary of $94,498 – $100,965 p/a + 6 weeks annual leave
- Generous salary packaging of $15,899.94 p/a
- Professional development allowance of $1,300 p/a
- Free gym membership & free general dentistry
- Remote retention allowance of $750 and relocation assistance up to $5,000 to help you get settled into town!
What’s the role?
This is an exciting opportunity for a full time Maternal Early Childhood Sustained Home-Visiting Program (MECSH) Registered Nurse (Female Identified), based in Tennant Creek, to join the Anyinginyi Health team
Responsibilities include, but not limited to-
- Improving transition to parenting by supporting mothers through pregnancy
- Improving maternal health and wellbeing by helping mothers to care for themselves
- Improving child health and development by helping parents to interact with their children in developmentally supportive ways
- Developing and promoting parents’ aspirations for themselves and their children
- Improving family and social relationship and networks by helping parents to foster relationships within the family and with other families and services
Is the role right for you?
What will see you thrive in this role is the ability to share Anyinginyi Health’s vision of Aboriginal people in the Barkly region enjoying equity in health status with that of other Australian citizens. Anyinginyi operate in a region with a high burden of disease and complex needs arising from disadvantage and social inequality. Anyinginyi Health believe in preventative care and offer regular health checks and screening to ensure early detection and treatment. Anyinginyi also work with their clients to develop care management plans and provide ongoing wraparound support services for those who are at risk of or diagnosed with chronic disease.
Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- Current registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- Related experience in Child and Maternal Health / Development, Infant and Child Nutrition or Safety, and strong knowledge of postnatal care, neonatal health and development, and breastfeeding experience.
- Acquired clinical skills and experience to work competently in remote areas, and a clear understanding of the issues pertaining to Aboriginal Primary Health Care and the social determinants of health in remote communities
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and be comfortable in providing support in a variety of areas and fostering positive parenting skills and future-orientated families
- Current Ochre Card, Criminal History Check, First Aid Certificate and NT Drivers Licence
What’s it like living in Tennant Creek?
500km north of Alice Springs, Tennant Creek was once a rough and tumble droving town but is now a modern town and one of the Territory’s most populated areas. It is home to a major regional hospital, a university, schools, shops and a supermarket, accommodation, bars, clubs and restaurants, banking facilities, sporting clubs and an airport – everything you need to set up a relaxing new lifestyle! People from all walks of life find themselves calling Tennant Creek home.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “apply for this job” link
Applicants must address the selection criteria in a cover letter and provide a current CV along with contact details for at least 2 referees
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Paul Wallwork on 08 8982 1011 or email@example.com