- Miwatj is one of Australia’s largest providers of Aboriginal healthcare
- Miwatj is engaging with health issues at a grass roots community level
- Miwatj is seeking a Remote Area Nurse to provide Women’s health nursing practice
Miwatj Health Aboriginal Corporation (Miwatj Health) are seeking a Midwife or Women’s Health Remote Area Nurse to join their team in Milingimbi Northern Territory.
Miwatj Health is an independent, Aboriginal-controlled health service administered by a Board of Directors representing communities across East Arnhem Land. Miwatj anticipates that the next decade will see great progress in tackling the most important risk factors for Aboriginal health in this region.
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent salary of $107,385 to $115,365 plus superannuation
- Salary sacrificing of $15,900 p/a
- 6 weeks annual leave with 17.5% loading
- On call and remote allowance
- Relocation package to eligible candidates
- Accommodation and vehicle supplied
- Career progression opportunities
- Discover breathtaking landscapes and spectacular views
What’s the role?
- To provide high quality, culturally appropriate and effective Midwifery and Women’s Health nursing practice as well as to improve the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people at Milingimbi homelands.
- Responsibilities include:
- To work in the Women’s Program in partnership with the Aboriginal Health workforce to provide high quality antenatal and postnatal care to clients of Milingimbi community.
- To provide Women’s Health Checks to clients including pap smears and STI screening.
- To assist women with family planning education and contraceptive options.
Is the role right for you?
Miwatj are looking for people who are committed to not only growing their capability, but willing to step in and support other team members and clients. Whilst knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture is helpful, what will really see you thrive in Millingimbi is an open mind, willingness to be exposed to culture, and curiosity. Before you reach out and apply, you need to have:
- Current AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum of 5 years broad nursing and midwifery experience post registration
- 3 years working as a Remote Area Nurse experienced working as a Midwife in a Women’s Health program preferred but not essential
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of social determinants of health issues affecting Aboriginal people
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with people from a diverse culture, where English is not their first language
- Capacity to reside in remote communities
- Well Women’s Screening Course
- Advanced Life Support certificate (ALS)
- Remote Emergency Care certificate (REC)
- Current Police Records and NT Working with Children clearances
Whats it like living in Milingimbi?
Milingimbi is one of the Crocodile Islands located between the Blyth and the Glyde Rivers and is separated from the mainland by a narrow channel. It is approximately 500km east of Darwin and 250 km west of Nhulunbuy. Milingimbi has a School, Health Clinic, ALPA (Arnhemland Progress Association) Store, Centrelink agency, art gallery, library & Australia Post. ALPA operates a community store & is open 6 days a week.
We want to hear from you! APPLY TODAY by clicking the “APPLY NOW” link
Please contact Lauren for more information on 08 8982 1011 or
Check out our Careers PageApply Now