- Base salary: $118,891 – $123,844 (p.a.)
- Full time, continuous contract
- Relocation assistance & professional development opportunities
Central Australian Aboriginal Congress (Congress) have a Clinic Manager vacancy to provide leadership, management and coordination of comprehensive primary healthcare to the Northside Clinic, ensuring cultural integrity and high standards of clinical care and client flow.
For over 40 years, Congress has provided support and advocacy for Aboriginal people in the struggle for justice and equity. Since that time, Congress has expanded to become the largest Aboriginal community-controlled health organisation in the Northern Territory, providing a comprehensive, holistic and culturally-appropriate primary health care service to Aboriginal people living in and nearby Alice Springs, including five remote communities; Amoonguna, Ntaria (and Wallace Rockhole), Santa Teresa, Utju (Areyonga) and Mutitjulu.
What’s the role?
Northside Clinic is a multidisciplinary team of medical professionals who work collaboratively with all Congress services and programs. The Northside Clinic Manager is to provide operational leadership to staff that operate in the clinic under a shared leadership arrangement with the Senior Manager.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to-
- Ensuring the clinic is professionally operating with cultural integrity, high standards of clinical care and client flow, consistent with best practice, Congress strategic priorities and within financial resourcing, clinical governance and funding conditions
- Providing leadership, recruitment and induction of staff to ensure continuous, coordinated and integrated client services and continuing quality improvement through monitoring, auditing, review and reporting and resource allocation
- Taking primary responsibility for infection control processes, ensuring that staff training occurs on a regular basis and RACGP standards are met
- Ensuring delivery of clinical services is underpinned by the Congress clinical governance framework that fosters reflective practice, constructive feedback and service improvement, risk prevention and management, and the highest standards in quality and safety of client care
- Ensuring that the clinic operates in a way to support the training and education of health professionals and students, and manage available resources efficiently to remain within the agreed budget allocation whilst maintaining high standards of service
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive total salary package of $144,787 – $150,311 (incl. allowances, super, leave loading etc.)
- Six (6) weeks’ annual leave
- Generous Salary Packaging, District Allowance and Remote Benefits
- A strong commitment to Professional Development
- Access to the Congress health services for you and your family at no cost
- Relocation assistance (where applicable)
Is the role right for you?
Help support people from the world’s oldest living culture while experiencing work and life in a small remote community in one of the most spectacular regions of Australia.
Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- Registeration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse or Aboriginal Health Practitioner with a minimum of 5 years post-graduate and experience in clinical leadership
- Proven experience in clinical leadership and management of a team that resulted in the effective delivery of services to the community, including the ability to implement strategic plans, analyse and address complex issues, and prepare correspondence
- Sound knowledge and understanding of primary health care service delivery and systems as they relate to the Aboriginal community and a demonstrated commitment to Aboriginal Community Control
- Knowledge of quality and accreditation including RACGP accreditation processes and requirements for primary health care services, program evaluation and the use of evidence based practices, financial and human resource management, consumer involvement and primary health care planning processes
- A current manual driver’s licence, Ochre Card & recent Police Clearance, or ability to obtain
What’s it like living in Alice Springs?
Alice Springs is a small town of just 29,000 people located in the Red Centre of Australia, also known as the spiritual heartland of the country. With its dusty red earth, friendly locals and plunging skyline, you’ll not be disappointed by this remote town that punches way above its weight. Alice Springs is a vibrant and sometimes misunderstood town. While you experience the world’s most ancient culture, you’ll also have to dig below the surface to really enjoy the contemporary culture. It also happens to be the gateway to Australia’s remote interior, with easy access to Uluru (just a four-hour drive).
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “Apply for this job” link
Applicants must address the selection criteria in a cover letter and provide a current CV along with contact details for at least 2 referees.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Paul Wallwork on 08 8982 1011 or email@example.com