- Competitive remuneration and generous salary packaging benefits
- Internal career opportunities
- Work satisfaction – Love what you do and why you do it!
Carpentaria are experiencing a growth of programs and the creation of additional roles to support Carpentaria’s services in urban and remote locations. Carpentaria employs evidence-based practice, with research driving continual innovation and growth. Staff have access to comprehensive training and skill development as well as regular upskilling opportunities and ongoing specialist disability training.
What’s in it for you?
Working with Carpentaria not only offers rewarding career options in a dynamic workplace, but a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Competitive salary (professional level 2)
- Salary packaging available
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible working hours
- Mentoring and career development pathways
- Make a difference in people’s lives
What’s the role?
Carpentaria are looking to recruit a full-time occupational therapist to deliver occupational therapy services to their patients, utilising a person-centred approach that promotes choice and control to participants in relation to their NDIS goals.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to-
- Providing a contemporary, evidence-based service, including assessment, treatment planning and evaluation, for people presenting with a wide range of conditions and syndromes in a culturally diverse environment
- Providing independent, specialist and clinical input into NDIS program planning, development and delivery
- Ongoing internal and external stakeholder communication and leading and contributing to the development of individual and group programs
- Ability to implement WHS, Risk Management and Quality Assurance requirements
- Ensuring billable Key Performance Indicators are met
Is the role right for you?
Recruitment to positions at Carpentaria is based on values, skills and qualifications. What will see you thrive in this role is the ability to build rapport with clients and key partners, a close collaboration with team and stakeholders, and a commitment to disability awareness and inclusiveness.
Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- Undergraduate or post graduate qualification in Occupational Therapy
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Minimum 2 years of clinical experience with an adult and/or paediatric caseload
- Demonstrated postgraduate clinical experience in best practice management of neurological disorders, management of upper limb dysfunction wheelchair and seating and environmental modifications
- Demonstrated experience in conducting assessments and writing high quality individualised assessment and program reports
- Knowledge of the impact of physical status and/or disability on short-term and long-term functional capacity, and demonstrated mature clinical reasoning skills
- Current Ochre Card, Criminal History Check, First Aid Certificate and NT Drivers Licence
What’s it like living in Darwin?
Experience the pleasure of low stress living in Tropical Darwin. A relaxed lifestyle, short commutes, and an amazing backyard to explore are just some of the perks to living in Darwin. Darwin is a modern capital city highly valued by its diverse and highly multicultural population, with a strong position in business and industry. Darwin is treasured country to its traditional owners, the Larrakia people, who are prominent and active members of the local community. Darwin has evolved from its days as a laid-back frontier town and while it still retains its relaxed charm, it has become a sophisticated city. Many visitors are surprised to find that it has accommodation, eateries, clubs, pubs, museums, and other amenities that are equal to what you’ll find in the southern cities.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “APPLY NOW” link
Applicants must address the selection criteria in a cover letter and provide a current CV along with contact details for at least 2 referees.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Tom Richmond on 08 8982 1070 or