Occupational Therapist – Guide Dogs NT – Darwin
- Permanent part-time (0.6 FTE)
- Attractive salary + salary packaging + access to a company car
- Opportunities for rural and remote work
Why Guide Dogs NT?
Guide Dogs SA/NT use our expertise in dogs and vision to promote independence, participation, inclusion and wellbeing for people with low vision, blindness or specialised support needs. We offer a collaborative, flexible working environment and opportunities for growth and development.
What’s in it for you?
- Maximise your take home pay with full salary packaging benefits (not for profit tax-free benefits)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Use of a company car as tool of trade including petrol and vehicle maintenance
- Work within a growing, friendly and collaborative team who are passionate about what they do
- Make a genuine difference for people living with low vision or blindness
What’s the role?
- Deliver education opportunities for a range of stakeholders
- Represent the organisation professionally to support business development opportunities
- Provide supervision for students and less experienced Occupational Therapists
- Working remotely, within a multi-disciplinary team, you provide direct vision-related services to our clients and the community, including assessing, planning, implementing and reviewing programs for clients in hospital, school, home and community settings
- Utilise a broad range of OT skills through effective home modification recommendations, equipment or assistive technology prescription and/or therapeutic interventions
Is this the right role for you?
Not limited to but before you apply, we need you to have:
- A tertiary qualification in Occupational Therapy with 2+ years’ experience and be eligible for Occupational Therapy registration
- Understanding of, and connections with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities (desirable)
- A willingness to work with clients across all age groups and backgrounds is essential
- Experience within the area of neurological vision loss, assistive technology and/or early intervention would be highly advantageous
- A current Driver’s License and National Police Clearance will be required
If you are an experienced Occupational Therapist seeking change or an opportunity for career development apply today by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ link. Alternatively, if you would like to know more about this unique opportunity or to find out about other opportunities within the Allied Health Industry in the Northern Territory similar to this, please contact Brie Culph on 08 8982 1056 for a confidential discussion.
Check out our Careers Page on LinkedIn!Apply Now