- Permanent part-time (0.6 FTE)
- Attractive salary + salary packaging + access to a company car
- Opportunities for rural and remote work
Why Guide Dogs NT?
Guide Dogs SA/NT use our expertise in dogs and vision to promote independence, participation, inclusion and wellbeing for people with low vision, blindness or specialised support needs. We offer a collaborative, flexible working environment and opportunities for growth and development.
What’s in it for you?
- Maximise your take home pay with full salary packaging benefits (not for profit tax-free benefits)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Use of a company car as tool of trade including petrol and vehicle maintenance
- Work within a growing, friendly and collaborative team who are passionate about what they do
- Make a genuine difference for people living with low vision or blindness
What’s the role?
- Deliver education opportunities for a range of stakeholders
- Represent the organisation professionally to support business development opportunities
- Provide supervision for students and less experienced Occupational Therapists
- Working remotely, within a multi-disciplinary team, you provide direct vision-related services to our clients and the community, including assessing, planning, implementing and reviewing programs for clients in hospital, school, home and community settings
- Utilise a broad range of OT skills through effective home modification recommendations, equipment or assistive technology prescription and/or therapeutic interventions
Is this the right role for you?
- A tertiary qualification in Occupational Therapy with 2+ years’ experience and be eligible for Occupational Therapy registration
- Understanding of, and connections with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities (desirable)
- A willingness to work with clients across all age groups and backgrounds is essential
- Experience within the area of neurological vision loss, assistive technology and/or early intervention would be highly advantageous
- A current Driver’s License and National Police Clearance will be required
NT PHN/RWA NT may be able to offer relocation support and clinical educational financial assistance to health professionals who are relocating to the NT or moving within the NT to a greater remoteness area classification for the purposes of employment and further clinical education.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Ashleigh McDonald on 08 8982 1056Apply Now