- Competitive salary; NFP Salary packaging
- Available in Alice Springs or Darwin
- Up to $7,000 for relocation assistance
Why Brien Holden Foundation?
The Brien Holden Foundation is a non-profit organisation who believes it is the right of everyone, everywhere to have the best possible vision. The Foundation delivers sustainable eye care services, education, and training programs in remote and isolated communities in Australia and overseas.
The Brien Holden Foundation is seeking a highly motivated optometrist to join their Australia program in the Northern Territory (NT) to commence in January 2023!
What’s in it for you?
- The role can be based in Darwin or Alice Springs
- Competitive salary
- Access to generous not-for-profit salary packaging arrangements
- No sales targets
- No weekends
- Flexible working arrangements
- $7,000 for relocation assistance available
What’s the role?
- Extensive and regular travel (at least 50% of the time) to deliver outreach optometry services alongside a regional eye health coordinator to remote communities, mainly based around Central Australia.
- Project work may involve general administration, reporting, primary health care practitioner training, indigenous workforce support and advocacy
- The role is highly rewarding and suitable for an optometrist keen to expand their experience in public health
Is this the right role for you?
- Tertiary qualification in Optometry
- Minimum 2 year’s clinical experience
- Valid registration to clinically practice optometry in Australia
- Demonstrated initiative, resourcefulness, integrity, and kindness
- Strong capacity for culturally safe relations with Aboriginal people
- Ability to develop good working relationships with health workers
- Ability to travel extensively (within NT and occasionally other locations) by 4WD or light aircraft
- Current (or ability to obtain) WWC check & National Police check
NT PHN/RWA NT may be able to offer relocation support and clinical educational financial assistance to health professionals who are relocating to the NT or moving within the NT to a greater remoteness area classification for the purposes of employment and further clinical education.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Ashleigh McDonald on 08 8982 1056Apply Now