- Be part of an experienced team who are committed to providing comprehensive care to the Alice Springs Community
- Great opportunity to develop your skills, experience and knowledge
- Competitive Salary and a supportive working environment
Rural Workforce Agency (RWA) NT is partnering with Central Clinic to find a Practice Nurse to join their multi-disciplinary team.
Why Central Clinic?
Central Clinic is committed to providing comprehensive General Practice care to individuals and families in the Alice Springs community. They offer a range of services including nurse home visits, skin checks, aviation medicals, allied health specialist services, chronic disease management programs and much more.
What’s in it for you?
Working with Central Clinic not only offers rewarding career options, but a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Pay rate as per the award and depending on experience
- 4 weeks annual leave with leave loading
- Generous salary packaging
- Professional development opportunities
- Relocation assistance to eligible candidates
What’s the role?
In this diverse role, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to prioritise tasks and display effective organisational skills. They will also have comprehensive experience of developing Chronic Disease Management Programs.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to-
- Demonstrating comprehensive and accurate knowledge and skills in providing episodic and ongoing care that is responsive to individual and group circumstances and environments
- Providing health care services in accordance with Medicare Benefits Schedule conditions, such as immunisations, administration of medication, suture removal, wound management, removal of plaster and synthetic casts, ear syringing, spirometry, BSL, urinalysis, cervical screening, pathology collection and ECG
- Initiating and conducting comprehensive health maintenance and health promotion in partnership with individuals, groups and the general practice team
- Conducting diagnostic activities in collaboration with the general practice team
- Providing evidence based information, resources and education to assist individuals, groups and families to make health care decisions
Is the role right for you?
Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- Registration as a Registered Nurse with AHPRA, professional indemnity insurance and minimum one year’s experience as a Practice Nurse
- Practice in accordance with nursing and general practice standards, codes, guidelines, legislation and regulations
- Experience working in a primary health care setting and with children, older people and people with chronic disease
- Able to work as part of a team and independently with the ability to prioritise and organise, along with triage skills
- Excellent communication skills with patients, their families and with the other members of the general practice team
What’s it like living in Alice Springs?
Famously known for Uluru, the Red Centre region of Central Australia is a desert environment with mainly dry hot summers and cool dry winters. The area draws tourist interest due to the town of Alice Springs and the impressive natural attractions in the area such as Palm Valley National Park, the West MacDonnell Ranges, the Finke Gorge and popular events such as the Camel Cup. ‘Alice’ is the second largest town in the Territory with more than 31,000 people calling it home. The town has all the amenities one needs, with shopping malls, schools and recreational activities available.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “Apply for this job” link
Applicants must address the selection criteria in a cover letter and provide a current CV along with contact details for at least 2 referees.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Paul Wallwork on 08 8982 1011 or email@example.com